Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger stations Trans Canada Hwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased model x 100 spring 2019. Love it! Local driving in mid Ontario north of Barrie is easy esp toward GTA.(greater Toronto area) Heading towards NorthBay or Sault Ste Marie remains very difficult due to lack of charging infrastructure. Leaving Temagami at 520 pm, 3:45 hr drive is now to 3 am rather than 9 pm. Thankfully possible due to charger at 72A at Ramada Inn in North Bay.

Can see a site development at Canadian Tire near Hwy 11 and 17. Not operational as indicated in Musk Post of 2018. Lovely response from Tesla support. Indicating it is coming!!

It has been a slow drive and fabulous summer. Certainly not one that will promote Tesla sales north of GTA presently.

There's a whole section of this site dedicated to tracking progress on new Canadian superchargers and discussing existing ones: Canada Supercharger locations

Since Tesla's web map isn't that helpful when it comes to the status or exact location of future superchargers, if you want a quick look at the crowd sourced info on where superchargers have been discovered in actual construction or people have found documentary evidence of them being in pre-construction development (i.e. planning board approvals or building permits, etc.), then check out the map at supercharge.info.

You'll see that in addition to the construction at North Bay, there is also construction currently happening in Espanola, Blind River, and Sault Ste Marie (as well as almost 20 other sites along the TCH).

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
thank you mociaf9 I have looked at those posts now, didn't see them before even though searching!
looks like concern for this half year wait is shared by others.

Can you advise how to end this post?
Welcome. The site search function is a bit quirky, so it's easy to miss things if you aren't careful with the search parameters (i.e. limiting it to selected forums or title searches, etc). There's no need to do anything about the post to end or close it.