Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lakewood, CA (LIVE 6 Dec 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Lakewood will get a Supercharger!

So I phoned Lakewood city hall today and they said the plans are currently being reviewed by agencies.. I assume that means a location has been already identified.

They didnt give an ETA as to when it will be permitted, but suggested the SC could be up and running by the end of the year as shown the Tesla SC map..

Fingers Crossed.

California forum co-moderator note: This thread should really have been started in the California Superchargers sub-forum, which has a thread for every Supercharger site in California. I've sent a report to ask some moderator with the appropriate privileges (obviously not me) to move it.

Bruce.

Reactions: emupilot
8/22/19 UPDATE- I called Lakewood City Hall and was informed that the City did not accept Tesla's proposed location near Lakewood Mall. I also contacted Lakewood Mall Management and was informed that they are still negotiating with Tesla where to put the supercharger. Neither were able to provide a time frame, but it sounds like the Lakewood Supercharger is still in planning phase, or even before planning.

I contacted Cerritos City Hall and they said Cerritos Mall will be getting a supercharger and that is currently in Agency review. We could very well see the Cerritos supercharger by the end of the 2019. However, considering that these superchargers were proposed to be open in 2018, there is little hope that will actually happen.

For the time being, the overcrowded Downey superchargers are the only option.

Here were are in March and still nothing on Lakewood; let alone Cerritos are Long Beach.

There’s like a black hole of Superchargers between Torrance, Downey, Brea Westminster, and the entire southern coast.

And when, if these go in I hope they’re V3.

8/22/19 UPDATE- I called Lakewood City Hall and was informed that the City did not accept Tesla's proposed location near Lakewood Mall. I also contacted Lakewood Mall Management and was informed that they are still negotiating with Tesla where to put the supercharger. Neither were able to provide a time frame, but it sounds like the Lakewood Supercharger is still in planning phase, or even before planning.

I contacted Cerritos City Hall and they said Cerritos Mall will be getting a supercharger and that is currently in Agency review. We could very well see the Cerritos supercharger by the end of the 2019. However, considering that these superchargers were proposed to be open in 2018, there is little hope that will actually happen.

For the time being, the overcrowded Downey superchargers are the only option.

Been quite a LONG time since your last update. Any new info?

Ugh. Behind the even less information Long Beach location that's been promised year or year the Lakewood location is 2nd most important to me. Lakewood is likely at the mall as there aren't a whole lot of other good locations in Lakewood. I would think the mall would be looking for ways to bring more people in, esp right now. But that whole mall is a huge cookie cutter mess due to all the tear downs and add on's over the decades with no real proper planning.

Ugh. Behind the even less information Long Beach location that's been promised year or year the Lakewood location is 2nd most important to me. Lakewood is likely at the mall as there aren't a whole lot of other good locations in Lakewood. I would think the mall would be looking for ways to bring more people in, esp right now. But that whole mall is a huge cookie cutter mess due to all the tear downs and add on's over the decades with no real proper planning.
I think the ball is in Teslas court tho.. and it doesn’t seem like standing up new SC is a hot priority for them lately

upload_2021-1-5_8-16-22.png

Lakewood location appears cancelled for now. Probably because the new location in Cerritos is nearby.
Torrance is opening in Q1 2021 and Long Beach is estimated for Q4 2021

Sad. Was going to be much closer for me than Cerritos. I'm still a hold out for Long Beach as it will be the closest to me by far.

In any case I've been work from home for nearly a year now and really haven't done more than 2300 miles in that year. Only 800 of that in the last six months.