TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Supercharger Status in North America

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by NOLA_Mike, Oct 20, 2014.

1. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

May 11, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Regarding the Supercharger status map at and seeing as to how it is almost the end of October, shouldn't the "Coming Soon" and "2014" be almost the same? As of now, there are quite a few more dots in the "2014" map than there are in the "Coming Soon" map. I know that when Tesla has decided to make a push in the past that quite a few have been put in place in a fairly short period of time but with a little over 2 months left in 2014 I am skeptical of Tesla's ability to come even close to what is shown as being in place by the end of 2014.

Selfishly, I would like to see the Baton Rouge and Lake Charles, LA installs in before the end of the year so I can easily get back and forth to Houston to pick up my new P85D when it arrives... :smile:

2. callmesam

callmesam Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Santa Monica
    If you look at the change map on, you'll notice that a lot of Superchargers came online in December/January. I think we will see a similar pattern emerge before we get into the teeth of winter.

16 in December 2013

24 in January 2014
  3. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Feb 23, 2014
    Hickory, NC, USA
  4. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Apr 27, 2012
    Wexford, PA
    Yes, it is high time they issued a new map to reset short-term expectations, and project out into 2016, like they just did with Europe. I seem to recall they did this the last time around as well, before these latest maps were issued.