Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stevens Point, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the builder on the site. Meter install timing varies wildly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Since this meter is mounted on the transformer itself, and not a stand, the utility company installs the base as well as the meter. First time (out of around 30 builds) we've had the transformer show up with the full meter mounted. WPS has really been on the ball, and a pleasure to work with. I have personally had a project take up to nine months to install trans and meter. Kudos to WPS.
Awesome, Thank You so much for the great work you do. Have you done any other sites in Wisconsin or Minnesota recently?

Thanks ATeam for your post. You’re really rocking this install. Things are moving along really quickly. Here are picks from today. Pedestals are installed!
IMG_2586.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg

I'm the builder on the site. Meter install timing varies wildly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Since this meter is mounted on the transformer itself, and not a stand, the utility company installs the base as well as the meter. First time (out of around 30 builds) we've had the transformer show up with the full meter mounted. WPS has really been on the ball, and a pleasure to work with. I have personally had a project take up to nine months to install trans and meter. Kudos to WPS.
This station is going to make trips to see family in the Northwoods a lot easier. Any chance you can slap some Magic Docks on them before you move on to the next project, LOL?

Oh my god. I can't believe I totally missed this was happening. I was surprised when the Stevens Point location disappeared from voting and just figured it never got enough votes, but WOO HOO!! I grew up in the point area and we go to visit the in-laws and other family, and it's been a pretty difficult charging desert, especially if you have to catch up after doing alot of rural driving visiting relatives on the farm. It basically made taking the Tesla to Point nearly impossible. (or having to pay to install something at the inlaws).

Would have liked to see it closer to the i-39/HH or i-39 and old highway 10, but I can see why they'd put it in the current location. The proximity to multiple highways is better and it's less busy than the i-39/old hwy 10 area.

Reactions: Raisin45567