Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20200117_094956.jpg
20200117_094948.jpg
20200117_094816.jpg
20200117_094813.jpg
20200117_094809.jpg
Looking good!
20200117_094956.jpg
20200117_094956.jpg
20200117_094948.jpg
20200117_094816.jpg
20200117_094813.jpg
20200117_094809.jpg

Thanks Pluto for the updates and pics. Appreciate it.
I literally work around the corner so it’s really convenient for me, but no problem! I’m looking forward to the site getting finished, the construction crew has really been on top of things. I’m just hoping this site doesn’t take months to finish the last few pieces like Dublin - Fallon Gateway and Manteca - Spreckels Park. Either way, I’d rather have a supercharger with a delay than no supercharger at all.

EDIT: I just realized that the additional panel says it’s a powerpack controller? That can’t be for batteries, can it? As far as I can tell, there’s only room left for the Supercharger cabinets and the transformer... Also afaik Tesla has typically called battery storage at superchargers “superpacks” (internally). I originally thought the panel was for the destination chargers, but maybe someone could pitch in.

Last edited:
I literally work around the corner so it’s really convenient for me, but no problem! I’m looking forward to the site getting finished, the construction crew has really been on top of things. I’m just hoping this site doesn’t take months to finish the last few pieces like Dublin - Fallon Gateway and Manteca - Spreckels Park. Either way, I’d rather have a supercharger with a delay than no supercharger at all.

EDIT: I just realized that the additional panel says it’s a powerpack controller? That can’t be for batteries, can it? As far as I can tell, there’s only room left for the Supercharger cabinets and the transformer... Also afaik Tesla has typically called battery storage at superchargers “superpacks” (internally). I originally thought the panel was for the destination chargers, but maybe someone could pitch in.
Where do you see the reference to Powerpack Controller. I don't see it on the Z-Power diagrams posted earlier. In fact, I'm surprised not to see the integrated 480V->240V step down transformer integrated into the Z-Power cabinet that has been seen at other sites that have L2 stations. I also don't see any unused conduits besides those for the transformer and the three SC V3 cabinets.

Where do you see the reference to Powerpack Controller. I don't see it on the Z-Power diagrams posted earlier. In fact, I'm surprised not to see the integrated 480V->240V step down transformer integrated into the Z-Power cabinet that has been seen at other sites that have L2 stations. I also don't see any unused conduits besides those for the transformer and the three SC V3 cabinets.
Here:
FC14F748-E78E-423C-9F8D-03548484FF57.jpeg

And I guess also here:
F0000EF9-6892-4677-9D3C-962874A69688.jpeg

Last edited:
This is an interesting Tesla charging location; V3 Superchargers and Destination Chargers. So far I don’t see any Tesla signage guiding hotel guests to use the Destination Chargers and promote the Superchargers to be used by people passing through and not staying at the hotel. Seems to me such signage would be appropriate.

Anyone notice that this Hilton has a lot of solar on the roof? Cool.

29A82A7D-93BA-48F3-A8BC-5A99E55168C1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Familyfirstj
There will be no signage until launch as not to confuse people too early, i have a meeting set up with the Mgmt team soon. We plan to have a huge event from the members of our Tesla Owners Club

I spoke with the General Manager today about having our Tesla Owners Club host the opening ceremony and they seemed very receptive. It looks to be about 2 weeks away they told me

Is the V3 Hardware already on site? Installed? There seems to be many new V3 construction sites waiting on Hardware and the ones that are complete/activated have their fair share of poorly performing V3 stalls - Las Vegas LINQ, Fremont, Anaheim, Hawthorne. Is there a thread anywhere discussing current V3 issues and production delays?

I hope Stockton get their V3s activated quickly without delay... might be a sign that V3 Hardware production is kicking into high gear at GF2.

I spoke with the General Manager today about having our Tesla Owners Club host the opening ceremony and they seemed very receptive. It looks to be about 2 weeks away they told me
I'd love to participate in that! While there would normally be about 2 weeks left at this stage in the construction process, I'm with @Axtrader. I think there's a shortage or something going on, and I'd guess 2 months is more realistic. For reference, no V3 locations have opened since Christmas and 25 stations began construction before Stockton did while only 5 began after it. See this thread to continue this discussion: V3 Supercharger Hardware Issues and Delays

• Love
Reactions: Familyfirstj