Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
posting to follow. I can't say I would feel safe charging at this location, at least after dark. I wish they built it near the Brookside area or even the 8-mile Trinity Parkway area. but oh well, I'll take what I can get!
It ain't Beverly Hills, but it also isn't South Stockton. Your chances of being a victim of a crime aren't much higher than any other major city, IMO. you can always hang in the hotel after dark... restaurant open until 11pm. I work across March Lane, and have never felt unsafe in 12 years.

It ain't Beverly Hills, but it also isn't South Stockton. Your chances of being a victim of a crime aren't much higher than any other major city, IMO. you can always hang in the hotel after dark... restaurant open until 11pm. I work across March Lane, and have never felt unsafe in 12 years.
Thank you Bruinfan,
I was going to mention something to that effect. I mean it's the Hilton caged parking lot they have security as well. Have been there all hours Just to see how the area looks after hours, I've been there 11pm, 2am, 3am and 4-6am. I have never seen anything that looked unsavory or unsafe. I think it's fine

Yeah I lived on Grand Canal Blvd and walked to/from work a few times a week and have never felt unsafe in my year of living there. My vehicle was broken into once in the middle of the night during this timeframe (in a residential area). I also have worked nearby on March Ln for over five years and the only crime I've seen is auto theft (specifically ICE vehicle parts).

I decided to look at LexisNexis® Community Crime Map which includes all Stockton crime statistics and compared crimes of all of Grand Canal Blvd to all of Trinity Pkwy from the past year (leaving out residential/commercial theft). Neither had any reported cases of homicide or sexual assault (attempted or otherwise) and the vast majority of crimes were theft. Grand Canal Blvd had 86 crimes within these constraints and Trinity Pkwy had 303. Of course Trinity Parkway is bigger and has more businesses, but we're also including more residential crimes in the Grand Canal representation (ie. half of the crimes in aggravated assault are domestic abuse).

Grand Canal Crimes.png

Trinity Crimes.png

There was one little change I noticed this morning, unrelated to construction. The first geese have landed, so as long as site is finished in the next month then the first Tesla owners stopping by here will be able to see goslings at their youngest! Plus visitors will get to see the parents fend off curious bystanders from getting to the babies, that part's pretty amusing to watch ;) I referred to the geese temporarily settling here few months ago:
Last a fun fact, every April-May a handful of geese settle here for a several weeks to lay eggs and raise goslings. It’s hella cute.
I'll post something when I see some goslings.
Yeah i noticed that today as well...seems like a stand still and the Mgmt isn't answering any of my questions lol but i also noticed that they broke ground at Trinity Pkwy recently...:cool:
For Trinity Parkway, are you talking about the Electrify America location at that Walmart (I believe that's what it was) or something else?

Last edited:
For Trinity Parkway not the Walmart side, they are breaking ground by Target and lane Bryant

There was one little change I noticed this morning, unrelated to construction. The first geese have landed, so as long as site is finished in the next month then the first Tesla owners stopping by here will be able to see goslings at their youngest! Plus visitors will get to see the parents fend off curious bystanders from getting to the babies, that part's pretty amusing to watch ;) I referred to the geese temporarily settling here few months ago:

I'll post something when I see some goslings.

For Trinity Parkway, are you talking about the Electrify America location at that Walmart (I believe that's what it was) or something else?

For Trinity Parkway not the Walmart side, they are breaking ground by Target and lane Bryant
Thanks for posting the details. I wasn't able to find anything other than encroachments for nearby locations on the permitting system, but I don't think one of those is what this work is for (mostly AT&T and PG&E work). So if there is a supercharging station being placed here, the permit (if it exists) is not being shown accurately on the Accela system.

Anyways to get this to show up on supercharge.info, we'd need to know that it's really a supercharger going in and not something else. If you can find some evidence of that, then that'd be great. If not, we'll probably just need to wait it out until there is more conclusive proof.

I saw these in my peripheral vision while heading from Brookside to the Wells Fargo on March Lane this morning and screamed to my son "Superchargers!!!". Then I found this thread. I live in town so I won't ever really need to use them, but they are still a beautiful sight!

Reactions: Pluto
I saw these in my peripheral vision while heading from Brookside to the Wells Fargo on March Lane this morning and screamed to my son "Superchargers!!!". Then I found this thread. I live in town so I won't ever really need to use them, but they are still a beautiful sight!
Could you (or someone else) post an update? I haven’t been in Stockton for almost two weeks because someone got the virus at my work.

Stockton resident here.

Just found this thread. My family has been waiting for a Tesla Supercharger in Stockton for years. We always thought the best location was 8 Mile Road out at the Trinity Park/Target area. We are shocked to see that Stockton is finally getting a Supercharger and that the location is at the Hilton.

Although the Hilton is only a quarter mile away from I-5, during peak rush hour, the March Lane and I-5 intersections are extremely busy and traffic can get backed up. The location does not offer a ton of food/shopping options for Tesla owners.

Nearby food/drink options on the south side of March Lane (w/o crossing over to the north side of March Lane):
  • The Hilton - restaurant and bar inside.
  • La Boulangerie - a small french-style cafe is nearby for sandwiches.
  • Basil's - a dive bar.
  • Domino's Pizza - located across Venezia Blvd to the east.
  • Lollicup Coffee and Tea - Asian snacks and milk teas, located across Venezia Blvd to the east.
  • Swagat Indian Cuisine - casual sit-down Indian restaurant with good food, on Grand Canal Blvd to the east.
  • GK Mongolian BBQ - tasty Mongolian BBQ (careful what you wear to the restaurant because you will come out smelling like the food) on Grand Canal Blvd to the east.
  • Wine Wizards - a very small hole-in-the-wall wine shop and restaurant on Grand Canal Blvd to the east.
Nearby food options on the north side of March Lane (requiring you to walk/cross over to the north side of March Lane):
  • Red Lobster
  • Arroyo's Cafe - Mexican food
Most of the businesses nearby are office buildings or law offices. There isn't a lot of retail shopping, but there are a few places:
  • Marshal's
  • Dragon's Den Games - a small board game and card shop, might be a good place to take your kids if they want to look at or buy Magic, Yu-gi-oh, or Pokemon cards and the like.
I'm surprised to see some people concerned about the possible crime at this location. Have you been to downtown Stockton, south Stockton, or east Stockton before? You probably haven't because if you have then you wouldn't be batting an eye about this location. The Grand Canal area is not a high crime area. Just be vigilant like anywhere else. Leave your car locked. Don't leave valuables in sight. There are the occasional homeless people who sometimes sit at the March Lane/Venezia Blvd intersection, but other than that you will be fine.

As a local resident, my biggest concern is having folks who are unfamiliar with the Stockton area getting into a car accident at the March Lane / Venezia Blvd intersection. For people trying to get back to I-5, I assume that most GPS computers will tell people to head north on Venezia Blvd and to turn left (west bound) onto March Lane to get to I-5. Be cautious when turning left because that intersection is not a dedicated left turn intersection. Oncoming traffic sometimes goes straight (southbound onto Venezia) or to your right (eastbound on March). Drivers coming from the opposite direction are very bad about signaling so you never know whether they're going straight or turning.

Other than that minor concern, I'm really happy that Stockton will officially be on the Tesla Supercharger map.

The pictures below were taken on March 22, 2020.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg