Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of March 23, 2020, the Stockton Supercharger is not active. I went by there today, and a Tesla owner in blue Model 3 was there attempting to charge.

Here are some more pictures of the charging location.

Picture below: There are 12 superchargers. This picture was taken at the west entrance to the charging area. At the opposite end of the charging area there is a gate which blocks off another entrance. I do not know whether Hilton will open up that gate so that Tesla drivers can enter the charging area from that side (the east side). If Hilton keeps that gate locked, then there will be only one way in and out of the charging area (the spot where this picture was taken).

image3.jpeg

Picture below: The superchargers are located on the north side of the Hilton hotel (pictured) which is the back side of the hotel where there are a few employee parking spots, and some loading doors. People sitting in their cars as they charge won't have anything scenic to look at. The charging area is fairly narrow. People will have to be careful when maneuvering their cars into the charging stalls.
image6.jpeg

Picture below: There are four destination chargers by the west entrance to the Hilton. These are prime parking spots because they're right at the front of the hotel and so close to the entrance.

image7.jpeg

I checked the chargers yesterday. They look like finished and waiting for PG&E inspection before go online.

Have you seen any sign of a utility transformer? That's definitely a hard requirement. I looked back in the last couple pages in this thread and didn't see any mention of a transformer or lack thereof. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can go look at the threads of some other recently-completed Superchargers, many of them have pictures.

Bruce.

• Love
Reactions: Familyfirstj
Have you seen any sign of a utility transformer? That's definitely a hard requirement. I looked back in the last couple pages in this thread and didn't see any mention of a transformer or lack thereof. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can go look at the threads of some other recently-completed Superchargers, many of them have pictures.

Bruce.
I stopped by tonight. No transformer in sight. Everything else appears to be there and ready.

I don't know exactly what a transformer looks like but is this it? I was told by a worker there 2 weeks ago that they are done with everything on their end just waiting on PGNE now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_012455.jpg
    IMG_20200407_012455.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200407_012515.jpg
    IMG_20200407_012515.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200407_012551.jpg
    IMG_20200407_012551.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 80
I don't know exactly what a transformer looks like but is this it? I was told by a worker there 2 weeks ago that they are done with everything on their end just waiting on PGNE now.
Your pictures are of the distribution cabinet and the Supercharger cabinet. Look at the post from the Berkeley thread linked below. There is a concrete pad surrounded by yellow bollards with conduits in the middle. In that post the pad is empty and two posts later you see a big green box in that space. The green thing is the utility transformer.

Supercharger - Berkeley (under construction Feb 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

Your pictures are of the distribution cabinet and the Supercharger cabinet. Look at the post from the Berkeley thread linked below. There is a concrete pad surrounded by yellow bollards with conduits in the middle. In that post the pad is empty and two posts later you see a big green box in that space. The green thing is the utility transformer.

Supercharger - Berkeley (under construction Feb 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

There's still no utility transformer. Caution tape was removed from the destination chargers, but I didn't test them to see if they were active.

• Informative
Reactions: otter