Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"In November 2014, the District completed the Out Valley Transmission Line Project connecting the Kirkwood Valley to the national grid via a PG&E substation located at Salt Springs Reservoir."
So, they used to be powered by diesel, but now that generator is just a back up. However, Kirkwood electricity rates are still very high. High enough where I take my laundry back home to clean it instead of doing it there. While I agree this probably was not the lone reason fro delaying/abandoning the project, it at least had to be a factor. BUt, they do have 8 or so destination chargers, so they are still footing the bill for some cars to get charged there.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd
"In November 2014, the District completed the Out Valley Transmission Line Project connecting the Kirkwood Valley to the national grid via a PG&E substation located at Salt Springs Reservoir."
So, they used to be powered by diesel, but now that generator is just a back up. However, Kirkwood electricity rates are still very high. High enough where I take my laundry back home to clean it instead of doing it there. While I agree this probably was not the lone reason fro delaying/abandoning the project, it at least had to be a factor. BUt, they do have 8 or so destination chargers, so they are still footing the bill for some cars to get charged there.

Destination chargers seem to make sense for people spending 6-8 hours skiing at Kirkwood for the day, anyway. Seems like Jackson would be a more sensible location for an eventual SC installation for those traveling on 88 (or 49)...

Reactions: ELECTRIC4ME
Is there any new updates on when this charger is coming online? Been waiting forever!
This is the most recent update (from a week ago), I suspect nothing has changed since then. @Familyfirstj has been doing a good job getting updates when possible, but I guess this will help bring the latest update into view:
Update: Talked to the chamber of commerce and the Hilton Management about the #stockton #supercharger they're still experiencing road blocks with the transformer shipments, it may be about another month before activated . Stay tuned...

Reactions: Familyfirstj
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mrbrock and otter
Checked today the transformer has not been installed yet. Also now that I checked it out I really hope that they open the gate that is right in front of the superchargers.
20200728_120140.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: otter and mociaf9
Off topic...Tesla service center is coming to Stockton! On Hammer Ln & Hwy 5... next year is shaping up to be amazing!
It looks like it might be closer to Hwy 99 at 3131 Auto Center Circle, but at least from the permitting portal this is indefinite since these are just fee estimates. But this is great news! It apparently includes a service center as well as sales. See the following:

EST20-01883 - 04/02/2020 - Fee Estimate for: TI for Tesla auto sales and office
EST20-01940 - 04/06/2020 - Fee Estimate for: Tenant improvement of existing auto dealership into a Tesla repair shop and auto sales.

It looks like it might be closer to Hwy 99 at 3131 Auto Center Circle, but at least from the permitting portal this is indefinite since these are just fee estimates. But this is great news! It apparently includes a service center as well as sales. See the following:

EST20-01940 - 04/06/2020 - Fee Estimate for: Tenant improvement of existing auto dealership into a Tesla repair shop and auto sales.

Thanks Pluto for the information. It is a good news for Resident of Stockton and around area. I have checked the site this morning but no changes yet. I always keep on checking the site whenever I pass by.

that should bring more chargers to the area!!

Stopped by the Hilton today (8/8/2020) but the Tesla chargers still aren’t active... they have 4 chargers near the west wall of the hotel and I thought those might work, but no such luck. The several chargers in the north parking lot will be great once they’re working! View attachment 574065
No transformer yet.

It has to be the longest wait in supercharger history!!

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9