Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pluto

is a Planet
Nov 17, 2015
Auburn, AL
Found a permit that was submitted on August 26th for Stockton, CA. It appears to be a V3 supercharger with 12 stalls. See building permit BP19-06217 on Accela Citizen Access. Here's the description for the building permit: "Installing (12) Tesla supercharging post, (3) supercharging cabinets, (1) switchgear assembly."

The location is the Hilton hotel off of West March Lane with an address of 2323 Grand Canal Blvd Stockton, CA 95207.

There are also two other permits for this supercharging station, a planning permit P19-0617 which doesn't really say anything but was submitted August 12th, and an engineering permit EP19-1350 to have PG&E install new underground primary for car charging stations applied for and issued July 17th. Tesla previously visited Venetian Bridges across the street to look at putting in charging stations there and there was a Fee Estimate applied for at the Hilton on October 4th shortly after (see EST18-07646).

Found a permit that was submitted on August 26th for Stockton, CA. It appears to be a V3 supercharger with 12 stalls. See building permit BP19-06217 on Accela Citizen Access. Here's the description for the building permit: "Installing (12) Tesla supercharging post, (3) supercharging cabinets, (1) switchgear assembly."

The location is the Hilton hotel off of West March Lane with an address of 2323 Grand Canal Blvd Stockton, CA 95207.

There are also two other permits for this supercharging station, a planning permit P19-0617 which doesn't really say anything but was submitted August 12th, and an engineering permit EP19-1350 to have PG&E install new underground primary for car charging stations applied for and issued July 17th. Tesla previously visited Venetian Bridges across the street to look at putting in charging stations there and there was a Fee Estimate applied for at the Hilton on October 4th shortly after (see EST18-07646).
Direct links for the relevant permits:

Building Permit: BP19-06217
Planning Permit: P19-0617
Encroachment Permit: EP19-1350

Reactions: Pluto
Stockton, CA

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-5

To: Sacramento, CA - 49.1 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Williams, CA - 102 miles

Another site to help avoid the Manteca, CA diversion.

Reactions: Ulmo
Although this might be only a 1 mile diversion from I5 March lane is often crowded with bottlenecks getting unto I5 southbound

Also the Hilton’s parking lot is often pretty full in the evenings

Eight mile road a few exits North would have provided a lot more space, shopping and dining options

Reactions: palmer_md and Pluto
Although this might be only a 1 mile diversion from I5 March lane is often crowded with bottlenecks getting unto I5 southbound

Eight mile road a few exits North would have provided a lot more space, shopping and dining options

Isn’t the Hilton like barely 1500 feet from the freeway?

Agree though, this is a pretty busy/congested area. I always thought somewhere near that development off 8 mile road on the north end of town would be a decent spot, or the I-5 / SR-12 interchange.

Reactions: Pluto
There’s also a sign posted on March Lane saying there are plans to relieve congestion here as part of tax dollars at work or something that was posted maybe 6-9 months ago. I’ve also found that it’s typically congested at lunch and 5pm on weekdays. Some afternoons it gets congested due to road work or an accident, but that’s not a regular thing.

Here’s my description of what to do if coming here...

First Venetian Bridges is the name of the area and has an entire string of little shops. You can have a nice little walk here (what I call Grand Canal loop) to see them all. Wine Wizards on the opposite end would be my favorite, which also serves food. Nearest would be La Boulangerie (essentially a brunch place) and Basil’s (a laid back pub). Lollicup provides very cheap milk tea (best for kids and getting a quick fix).

For real restaurants, there’s Swagat Indian Cuisine which does buffet during lunch and GK Mongolian Bbq which is a cool concept for buffet being freshly made in front of you (though the location is worn down). There’s also a Cambodian & Vietnamese restaurant “Bayon Restaurant”. The rest of the March Lane corridor also has almost every type of fast food (including the coveted In-N-Out and Chick-fil-A combination).

For shopping there’s a surprisingly organized Marshall’s and Angkor Asian Market. Notably there are several salons and things like that here. A mile down March Lane are two malls.

The Grand Canal loop is very walkable but anything outside that can be a bit sketchy. Because this is so close to Brookside and most of the businesses on March Lane are law, medical, and financial offices/firms, it’s honestly pretty safe but car break-ins do happen from time to time. I lived here for a year (with my Tesla) and my car’s window was smashed in once.

Last a fun fact, every April-May a handful of geese settle here for a several weeks to lay eggs and raise goslings. It’s hella cute.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd
I took a picture this morning of where I'm guessing the stalls and superchargers will be placed at the back of the lot. I also took a picture of the traffic sign I mentioned last post, called the Public Works department, and spoke to the PM. He said it's basically an improvement to the traffic intersections so that loops are added into the ground to count vehicles lined up and more efficiently change lights.

photo_2019-08-29_10-10-26.jpg

photo_2019-08-29_10-10-37.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916 and mociaf9

Back when I lived in Stockton, Eight Mile Road was a country road with one quiet gas station. Wow, that changed!