Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been following this build ever since I picked up my Model S back on November. I live in Stockton in the Brookside area and this is definitely a huge win for our city, especially it being off I-5! Can’t wait to meet everyone at the stalls! If some of you guys are local, we should do a meet and greet once the supercharger is open! We can set up a small canopy for a hour or two and hand out coffee and snacks to other owners that finally notice the new Stockton Supercharging location on their app/car!
I might just pop down from Sacramento!

• Love
Reactions: Familyfirstj
Update: 12/31/2019 this will not make a 2019 opening ceremony.
20191230_125735.jpg
20191230_125908.jpg
20191230_125800.jpg

Yes they have broken ground...and will not be open in 2019 but definite 2020 i posted pics
It seems like you're talking about one specific supercharger? Maybe even this one? I'm talking about quite a few others.

An example of one of the ones I'm talking about (a supercharger on Tesla's map that says "Target opening in 2019" but has not broken ground is Woodland, CA. It's been on the map for two years (at least), and Tesla only recently applied for the permit. No ground has been broken yet.

Until recently Kirkwood was also on the map with "Target opening in 2019". It's off the map now, no permit ever found, no evidence of any construction. I can give you more examples, but you get the idea. There's lots of evidence that Tesla's "target opening" map is purely aspirational. That doesn't mean that none of the ones on the map have broken ground, just that you can't go by their map.

• Love
It seems like you're talking about one specific supercharger? Maybe even this one? I'm talking about quite a few others.

An example of one of the ones I'm talking about (a supercharger on Tesla's map that says "Target opening in 2019" but has not broken ground is Woodland, CA. It's been on the map for two years (at least), and Tesla only recently applied for the permit. No ground has been broken yet.

Until recently Kirkwood was also on the map with "Target opening in 2019". It's off the map now, no permit ever found, no evidence of any construction. I can give you more examples, but you get the idea. There's lots of evidence that Tesla's "target opening" map is purely aspirational. That doesn't mean that none of the ones on the map have broken ground, just that you can't go by their map.

haha yes i get it i was only replying to your comment that did not list any specific chargers as you have provided now, but i only responded to the post that was made on this very thread which was invalid. thank you for the update on the other chargers i'm sure Tesla has not stopped in their plans to open new superchargers, just refocused for the new year...patience is a virtue as someone who has waited years for the Stockton SC to come online.

I did actually get to look at it more closely, it turns out there are additional changes and its not just a simple change from 2019 to 2020. Where I am they removed a potential Supercharger I was looking forward to and added another one near my service center. I guess it all works out. I know they do these periodically, I thought I remembered last year it was not as close to the turn of the year that all the changes took place. This was particularly nice.

• Love
Man I can’t wait for this one. I work in Stockton and I’m on call so I can’t tell you how many times in the last year I have needed a supercharger here. When it was posted in 2019 for completion I was anxiously waiting. Glad to hear it’s finally getting underway.

• Love
Man I can’t wait for this one. I work in Stockton and I’m on call so I can’t tell you how many times in the last year I have needed a supercharger here. When it was posted in 2019 for completion I was anxiously waiting. Glad to hear it’s finally getting underway.
Yes it a good time and will be awesome for our Tesla Club here (Tesla Owners San Joaquin Valley)

Power distribution cabinets, signs (all dedicated charging spots), and concrete have all been placed and the site is much cleaner now.

As with other V3 sites, we’ve probably about reached the bottleneck of waiting for supercharger cabinets, stalls, and the transformer. As far as I know, the only work left for the construction crew is to paint the lines and clean up the site. I could be wrong though.

837C46D5-A57B-416F-A1BC-D82005336DFF.jpeg
329481AD-846F-4A33-8C42-871DC2E740A5.jpeg
1FF1393A-1C1C-4F7F-878E-1FBD86BED878.jpeg
0D1BB4B6-5248-488B-B750-CFE995C2BF45.jpeg
096EC226-F180-4919-91FB-F5913E285E7A.jpeg

And on the side, it seems like it’d only make sense for this to be a L2 charging station. They did designate new ADA parking spots by the entrance of the parking lot.

F72D5594-D88A-483D-B69C-3EA54EC538E3.jpeg
24EBAC9F-DD37-4B14-9DD7-C1AD0FE235BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9