TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger stop today...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Winston Wolf, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Member

After my triathlon this morning I treated myself to a drive past the local supercharger. Only you guys understand me. A white model S pulled in just as I left.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. FirstSea

FirstSea Member

That cloud over the building looks like a hotdog.

• Funny x 2
  3. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Member

Thought I was the only one who sought out Supercharger locations while on road trips. Here's the Waco, TX location back in May of this year. Looking forward to stopping here with my 3 so I can also check out Collin Street Bakery nearby.

image.jpg

4. swesson

swesson Member

Last weekend when I was in north texas (WITHOUT my model x) I stopped to see the progress of the latest SC station in Sulphur Springs, TX. My wife thought I was crazy for stopping at an SC when I didn't have my car with me. Now, I know I have company in crazyland!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

Hey Hey Hey.....Why are the Super Chargers empty? From what I'm hearing in this forum there is non-stop congestion at these things..... What in the world is going on? I have never ever seen anyone at the SC that I use....and I thought that I was the only person that NEVER experienced congestion.

This is bazar - -aint it? LOL

• Like x 1
  6. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Sometimes I'll drive a different route to pass by the SC nearby. Your not alone but my wife thinks I'm obsessed and crazy.

7. Garlan Garner

That's Hilarious.

No... Its Ludicrous. ( I just wanted to use that word again....I can't wait.)

8. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

That car looks so sad, staring longingly and wishing it could drink from the eternal electron fountains.

9. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

What does this have to do with the model 3 specifically?

• Dislike x 6
    • Like x 1
  10. deonb

deonb Active Member

You should apply to be the Model 3 forum moderator.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  11. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Member

Thought I was the only one who sought out Supercharger locations while on road trips. Here's the Waco, TX location back in May of this year. Looking forward to stopping here with my 3 so I can also check out Collin Street Bakery nearby.

View attachment 182876

That is actually my car, and it's the best thing to be driving right now as I wait for my Model 3 since it is a semi-EV. In fact, after test driving a Model S in February and afterward getting back into the Sonata Hybrid to drive home, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well it still felt even in the midst of a Model S test drive afterglow. Can't match the accleration of the 70D I drove, but the ride comfort and drive feel was not that far off. I also think it is about the same size the Model 3 will be, which I like very much. The Model S is a fantastic car but a bit big for my liking, like the huge sedans that were my first cars years ago. The Sonata is big emough to accommodate my tall frame, but still quite maneuverable in parking lots and on the road.

Nevertheless that is the perfect caption for my photo.

12. 03DSG

03DSG Member

So what? Take it down a notch. We are just trying to learn.

• Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
  13. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Sooo, the Waco supercharger is in Corsicana?

14. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Member

No, it's in the parking lot of the Collin Street Bakery in Waco. Haven't been to the Corsicana Supercharger site...yet...

15. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

Haha, yeah they would jump at that opportunity.

16. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

There is one in Waco and one in Corsicana. They are both at the respective Collin Street Bakery locations.

17. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Member

Fair point. It's only relevant that I have a M3 reservation and find myself daydreaming at Superchargers about the future. No more, no less. Happy to hear I'm not alone! This SC was in Pleasant Prairie, WI BTW.

18. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

No, it's not a bazar.

It's splled bizarre

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  19. ishop4more

ishop4more Member

Hmmm. I suspect I'll have to use this one at some point. My only concern is getting to it from Houston! There needs to be one between Houston & Waco (without going through Houston to get to the North location).

20. Garlan Garner

I'm only said that because I was part of another thread that was indicating that SC's are OVERLOADED and we need to charge people on a pay-per-use billing schedule. They assumed that would force people away from crowding SC's.

I have never seen a crowded SC spot....as the pictures in this thread depict.