Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what percentage of Nissan dealerships have fast Chademo chargers.... Might be worth investing in the adaptor...
I find it challenging to reliably make a few of the hops in my car, particularly Charlotte to Atlanta without Chademo. L2 charging is just not an option in my opinion, and I'm not paying Blink $85 to charge my car for half a day at 30A. Just saying...

what a glorious view! (Mountains ain't bad, either)
image.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to upload multiple pics from iPhone, but here are the rest from today. Looks like 6 or so angled pull-in's. The views are terrific, but the parking lot behind the Denny's seems small. I foresee some congestion happening being near the crux of 81/66. But, hey, no complaints here.
image1-6.JPG
image2-3.JPG
image3.JPG

Last edited:
Do any of you who live in northern VA have much experience with the SC at Montgomery Mall? Seems ridiculous to have two stalls. I was at Woodbrdge today and only saw one other Model S charging.

You mean the one in Bethesda? Never again. Tried it once, was a nightmare. Dumbest place for a supercharger ever... and there are some superchargers in some pretty bad spots, so, that's saying something.

Do any of you who live in northern VA have much experience with the SC at Montgomery Mall? Seems ridiculous to have two stalls. I was at Woodbrdge today and only saw one other Model S charging.

Bethesda was installed as a temporary facility to bridge an early gap in the SC network but Tesla has left it active. Because of it's original classification as temporary it's only two stalls. I think the question is whether they should take it out since some folks may rely on it when there's a high likelihood of it being occupied during the day, particularly by locals, or if it should serve a purpose as an emergency location. I view it as the latter and am happy that Tesla has kept it active.

Ditto on the comments regarding it really being a temporary location, and it shouldn't really be relied upon as a high-availability site.

That having been said, it's a few minutes form where I work, and on my way home, so I've used it on occasion when I needed some additional range for some last minutes travel.

Having it there is better than not, IMO.

A friend of mine sent me a couple of pictures he took yesterday (7/30/15) at the Strasburg supercharger. They're not terribly informative, but figured I'd add them to the ongoing progress thread.

View attachment 89068

This one shows that they have the equipment on-site that is to be installed. I'd guess if all goes well we'll see this site open in the next couple of weeks.