Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sturbridge, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A new 12 stall v3 supercharger is being installed in Sturbridge, MA at Sturbridge Plaza, 196 Main St. There is a Shaws Supermarket and an Ocean State Job Lot in the shopping plaza. The plan was approved June 15, 2022 by the Sturbridge Planning Board.

Link to the site plan

Building permit BP-2022-000272 has already been issued for this project.

@tes-s @corywright

Last edited:
Sturbridge, MA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Sturbridge Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: I-84E, I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-20
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-84E

To: End (I-90 near Sturbridge, MA) - 3 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles

I-90

To: Charlton Eastbound, MA - 5.3 miles
Diversion: 6.3 miles
To: Auburn, MA - 17.3 miles

US-20

To: Auburn, MA - 17.7 miles
Diversion: 3 miles
To: Worcester, MA - 22.9 miles

Get a v3 charge before or after driving on I-90. Density and capacity is always welcome.

Sturbridge is awfully close to Charleton, not particularly useful. However in looking at the Supercharger map I see that they have one planned for Vernon, hope it will be next to Rein's Deli.
It will allow one to drive back on rt 20 and avoid the Pike when it's backed up for miles and miles.

Charleton is a busy supercharger, limited on space thus it will be easier to move some of the charging sessions to Sturbridge removing some pressure from Charleton.

A chargers at Rein's would be a great plus.

It will allow one to drive back on rt 20 and avoid the Pike when it's backed up for miles and miles.

Charleton is a busy supercharger, limited on space thus it will be easier to move some of the charging sessions to Sturbridge removing some pressure from Charleton.

A chargers at Rein's would be a great plus.
The Charleton chargers are on the Mass Pike, a limited access toll highway. This is far more convenient if you're not on the Pike.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Here are some photos of the site from Sunday morning 10/2/22:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: chjch and Tdreamer
Here are some photos of the site from Sunday morning 10/2/22:View attachment 859211View attachment 859212View attachment 859214
Literally had no idea this was going in, I live about 1.2 miles from here🤣 guess this will come in handy when I get in the car and have 30 miles bc my husband took it and ofc didn't charge it! Way more convenient than the charlton pike chargers too, not everyone travels the pike. As of yesterday they were completely set up, not sure how long it will take for them to be actually open to the public

Reactions: chjch and Tdreamer
The pad is in place but looks incomplete. And I believe the trench is now covered.
You could be right on the pad - but from what i can see in the photo it looks ready for a transformer. Looks like a wire sticking up out of the pad which would be there to facilitate pulling the primaries and/or secondaries, and stone in place around it which is probably the finished surface unless they intend to cover that with dirt & seed when they finish off the site.

You could be right on the pad - but from what i can see in the photo it looks ready for a transformer. Looks like a wire sticking up out of the pad which would be there to facilitate pulling the primaries and/or secondaries, and stone in place around it which is probably the finished surface unless they intend to cover that with dirt & seed when they finish off the site.
I’d say that is accurate.

Reactions: kayak1