Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sudbury, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we discussed this in a thread about one of the other SCs under construction - the consensus was that Tesla doesn't seem to be building SC sites with less than 8 chargers in North America sot his site likely has at least 8. Maybe that will change when they do the more remote areas of the T-Can.

I think we discussed this in a thread about one of the other SCs under construction - the consensus was that Tesla doesn't seem to be building SC sites with less than 8 chargers in North America sot his site likely has at least 8. Maybe that will change when they do the more remote areas of the T-Can.
The more recent ones built (in 2017) in my area have all been 10 or more stalls. The one that opened in Florence, SC last weekend is an 18 stall location.

Don't forget that the reason that it is on supercharge.info is because of the info that came from here.
True, but I doubt they will fulfill all the planned 2017 sites before the end of the year!
They have kind of cheated on some as well as some of the original 2017 (or even 2016) SCs now say 2018. North Bay is one example of this but I am pretty sure that there are others as well. That seems strange to me as they should be doing North Bay around the same time as Sudbury since they are relatively close to each other.

All I'm asking is everyone of them, maybe except Ottawa. Nobody will care if there's one in Ottawa :p

I'm sure you'll agree, Drone Flyer !
Well I do for sure.. :p

Seriously, real happy about the SuC in Sudbury, but really, I need to drive down to Toronto to get to Sudbury from Montreal, so indeed the black hole called Ottawa is increasingly baffling.

With Ottawa in the equation, that's some 490km distance. That's cutting it pretty darned close for a 90D (especially considering the 280M elevation delta and passenger weight), but I'd probably be adventurous enough to give it a shot, at least driving back... with a tailwind... :D

And by next year there should be more SCs including North Bay and others along Hwy 17. The other way is to take Hwy 60 to Huntsville and use the SCs in Huntsville. But that would require charging in Ottawa as Ottawa to Huntsville is 340km.

The fact that they took the time to change some to 2018 completion but left some 2017s leads me to believe that all the 2017 ones should be done by the end of the year. Especially considering there are 3 crews working on superchargers in Ontario right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Don't forget that the reason that it is on supercharge.info is because of the info that came from here.
They have kind of cheated on some as well as some of the original 2017 (or even 2016) SCs now say 2018. North Bay is one example of this but I am pretty sure that there are others as well. That seems strange to me as they should be doing North Bay around the same time as Sudbury since they are relatively close to each other.

The devil is in the details. They need a suitable, willing host, permits, and who knows what else.

I was talking to a fellow at Tesla, who is involved in such things. He implied that the holdup on all of these sites has mostly been bureaucratic.

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe
I wonder if it’s worth scouting for NS SuC locations. I have a couple ideas, but I dunno if Tesla already has plans for next year or not.
Do you mean the exact locations of the ones announced in Halifax and Truro, or do you mean additional sites beyond that? In Truro you would have to think it should be near the intersection of 102&104. I drive past there a couple of times a year on the way from YHZ to Cabot Links.

I am probably the only Tesla owner in Timmins. You have no idea how happy I am to see the Supercharger in Sudbury under construction! Add in North Bay and I will be one happy camper.

As a side note, KSI (Koben Systems) is completely incompetent and their network of might-not-even-work-but-if-they-do-its-20-kW-for-$15-per-hour CHAdeMO chargers is a major disappointment. I did manage to get the one in Sudbury to work, but it took 20 minutes. No, not to charge, to get it to work.