Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sulphur Springs, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I guess I was completely wrong. Sounds great. The announcement appears to suggest that they are "adding" quite a few spots. Does that mean they're actually going to build a garage, with the chargers in the garage? Fro what I see on streetview, the current parking area already sprawls through that entire corner.
It's all surface parking. Pretty much everything you see in the pictures will be turned into parking plus some additional diagonal spots on Main Street, assuming TxDOT approves the plan.

St. George is a 4 mile diversion if traveling S to N on I-15. At least according to Supercharge.info/Google maps. There are a number of larger diversions than that.

For people traveling along I-30, Sulphur Springs doesn't in fact have to add any distance, if people take US-67 (Business) in and out.
(Time is a different matter).
I was referring to N to S travel where 3 give or take applies. ;) I think those are the exception rather than the rule.

I agree that Sulphur Springs is a great hint from Tesla that Arkansas is on its was to leave the current list of 4 states in the 48 that don't have Superchargers. OTOH, I bet that Mississippi (Jackson?) departs the list first. The other 2 states in the 48 without Superchargers are North Dakota and Nebraska.

I wonder if Alaska or Hawaii will ever join the SC club? I don't think you can ever get more than 100 miles from home in Hawaii without getting wet. And -- quick survey -- how many Teslas in Alaska so far?

While I admit Greenville would have been better, since I live in Grapevine and Sulphur Springs is one of two destinations I travel to (the other Paris) out that way, this would be a huge boon in my consideration of a Tesla purchase (i.e. I get a combination freeway and destination charger all in one go). We made at least 3 trips out there over the last few months.

I wonder if Alaska or Hawaii will ever join the SC club? I don't think you can ever get more than 100 miles from home in Hawaii without getting wet. And -- quick survey -- how many Teslas in Alaska so far?
I believe we are at 12 Model Ss and 2 Roadsters.

And Smrtypnz, this is the only way one could circumvent the Big Island....:tongue:
Unknown-1.jpeg

The speed at which Sulphur Springs has moved is admirable. Soon we will forget the agony of Denton :)

I like the fact that the City had to campaign with Tesla re: their location. It wasn't a case of Tesla campaigning to get permission to install. Cities are beginning to see the value of attracting EV travellers.

That's great. I think those "small downtown" locations are very appealing.

Anyone sent the address to supercharge.info?

EDIT: Tesla will now have a presence on another Interstate. Would only need another 2 to cover it comfortably.
EDIT2: no, needs more than that.

This is huge for me. The Dallas to Nashville segment is on a direct path to my family on the east coast. I can't wait for that stretch to be completed.

While I admit Greenville would have been better, since I live in Grapevine and Sulphur Springs is one of two destinations I travel to (the other Paris) out that way, this would be a huge boon in my consideration of a Tesla purchase (i.e. I get a combination freeway and destination charger all in one go). We made at least 3 trips out there over the last few months.

Not for somebody traveling from Houston to Tulsa. I can Supercharge in Corsicana and bypass Dallas. If I supercharge in Sulphur Springs, I can make it to Tulsa on a range charge.