Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sulphur Springs, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any amenities (food, drink, etc) anywhere around this SC location?

Plenty. Within 1 block there are multiple restaurants and shops. I know of a pizza place, bar/grill, steakhouse, bakery, German food, pub, BBQ, and cafe all within probably 300-400 yards. Some with outdoor seating. All in a small town brick paved street.

Here is a google streetview.

This view is looking towards the parking lot where the chargers will be. If you spin around to the East, that is the street I'm talking about. The streetview is 3 years old, so there are a lot of empty buildings on this street view that are now occupied. Sulphur Springs has completely revitalized their downtown.

Reactions: Softwizard
the location seems to be in the back alley of an industrial park where you can get robbed easily and no one would know about it. Or the reality isn't what it seem in the pictures?

From the Tesla Motors Sulphur Springs Supercharger webpage:

City of Sulphur Springs Police Department
300 W Tomlinson Street
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482

Uhm, behind the Police Department...???
Probably not too likely to get robbed, small town in East Texas.

Hahahahaha

Onward East to Texarkana ===>> all the way to Memphis

• Funny
Reactions: bollar
Let's get Texarkana, Little Rock and Memphis already! Add Fort Smith to that and you've opened up this part of the country.
It's 191 miles between the OK City location and Ft. Smith city center, so it will probably be another OK location. Of course that would put it out of the 150-mile range of Little Rock (since Fort Smith and LR are around 159 miles apart). I'm sure Tesla is hard at it scouting the optimal locations. ;) LR is a good choice since it serves as an I-30/40 convergence.

Checotah, OK --> Clarksville, AR --> Little Rock, AR would take care of the connection from OKC.

Last edited:
OPEN
and operational.
Went to check it out last night.

This morning is now showing up on Supercharger Nav page in my car.

Still some other construction in the vicinity (with lots of cones) off to the West and South (on the other side of the fence).
Old re-used brick pavers are a very nice touch.

Saw a bit of traffic, and even the occasional police car (I already have my front license tags installed).

Reactions: Softwizard
The one thing that is absent and annoying me is a direct connection between Dallas and Amarillo, TX. This makes it easy to get to New Mexico and Colorado from Northern Texas. Otherwise it is another 100 miles extra going north to OK city and turning west.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Come join us to celebrate this Supercharger with a ribbon cutting attended by the Mayor, members of the City Council, the Chamber of Commerce & the Town Manager.

This is the only Supercharger within hundreds of miles not located at a strip mall, chain restaurant, hotel or truck stop - it's one block from the historic, beautiful town square, which is a destination in itself. It's going to be a favorite stop for Tesla owners from all over the country and we want you to be the first to enjoy it!

Agenda (Subject to Change)

10:00 am - Meet at Collin Street Bakery, 1220 I-30, Greenville, TX for a drive to Sulphur Springs, ending with a ceremonial lap around the Sulphur Springs town square before arriving at the Supercharger around 10:30 am. (optional)

11:00 am - Remarks & Ribbon Cutting

Noon - Lunch at a local restaurant short walking distance from the Supercharger.

Complete details and registration here: Sulphur Springs Supercharger Ribbon Cutting | @NTXTeslaOwners

Sulphur-Springs-SC-opening-invite.jpg

The one thing that is absent and annoying me is a direct connection between Dallas and Amarillo, TX. This makes it easy to get to New Mexico and Colorado from Northern Texas. Otherwise it is another 100 miles extra going north to OK city and turning west.

Might not be the correct thread to respond to this, but look at it this way:
Both Cisco and Sweetwater are under construction, soon to come on-line.
Add just one more Supercharger near Lubbock, and you can then connect to Amarillo, or even SouthEast New Mexico.

No, still not as direct as the diagonal 287 path: DFW to Wichita Falls to Childress to Amarillo, but a bit less distance than Ardmore to OKC to Weatherford to Shamrock to Amarillo.