Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Springfield, NJ - Cleveland Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the site currently that may become the SC location.
hO1cb%jFRniIx4wQvez97g.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Two points for anyone that isn’t aware.

1. The Vienna VA Supercharger isn’t what I call ‘right near a highway’. When completed it will be several miles from 66. Not sure what ‘near’ means to some. So, no idea what Tesla’s criteria are here.

2. Have to say again the pin for a ‘coming soon’ location is almost always on the middle of the name or rarely a neighborhood. If you don’t see that, zoom in or out. Time spent looking at what is ‘right at the pin’ is usually wasted. Seriously. It’s on the name as a placeholder.

Two points for anyone that isn’t aware.

1. The Vienna VA Supercharger isn’t what I call ‘right near a highway’. When completed it will be several miles from 66. Not sure what ‘near’ means to some. So, no idea what Tesla’s criteria are here.

2. Have to say again the pin for a ‘coming soon’ location is almost always on the middle of the name or rarely a neighborhood. If you don’t see that, zoom in or out. Time spent looking at what is ‘right at the pin’ is usually wasted. Seriously. It’s on the name as a placeholder.
This is not the Vienna thread, but the Vienna SC is 1.1 miles from 66. Not sure I'd describe that as several miles.

Shared route
From 465 Maple Ave W to 2750-2810 VA-243 via VA-243 S/Nutley St SW.

3 min (1.1 mi)
3 min in current traffic

Google Maps

Reactions: preilly44
This is not the Vienna thread, but the Vienna SC is 1.1 miles from 66. Not sure I'd describe that as several miles.

Shared route
From 465 Maple Ave W to 2750-2810 VA-243 via VA-243 S/Nutley St SW.

3 min (1.1 mi)
3 min in current traffic

Google Maps
Did you even understand my point at all? Of course it’s not the Vienna thread. It was an example of a planned site not right next to an exit. And that 1.1 miles can take 30 minutes in rush hour traffic. Who cares what google says on the weekend. :D

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
Did you even understand my point at all? Of course it’s not the Vienna thread. It was an example of a planned site not right next to an exit. And that 1.1 miles can take 30 minutes in rush hour traffic. Who cares what google says on the weekend. :D
I have to admit I initially missed your point. But perhaps you missed the later speculation in this thread about the Summit supercharger being at a Wawa that's under construction right near the intersection of I-78 and Route 24? It'll be ~1/4 mile from the nearest highway exit, and in that context I couldn't see why you were talking about Vienna here.

You're absolutely right, of course, about the Summit NJ marker on Tesla's Find Us map. Sadly, you're also right about potentially taking 30 minutes to go 1.1 mi on Nutley St in rush hour.

Anyone have any updates on this Supercharger?

UPDATE: I stopped by the office of the Springfield Township Engineer yesterday and I learned that Tesla has been in contact with the Township seeking approval for the installation of several Superchargers at what is known as the WaWa construction site next to Firestone on Morris Avenue (NJ Hwy 82). I have been told that Tesla already has had a relationship with the WaWa chain. It appears that any agreement must have the approval of the Springfield Township governing body and that, assuming that the project becomes a reality, it is months away.

I have to admit I initially missed your point. But perhaps you missed the later speculation in this thread about the Summit supercharger being at a Wawa that's under construction right near the intersection of I-78 and Route 24? It'll be ~1/4 mile from the nearest highway exit, and in that context I couldn't see why you were talking about Vienna here.

You're absolutely right, of course, about the Summit NJ marker on Tesla's Find Us map. Sadly, you're also right about potentially taking 30 minutes to go 1.1 mi on Nutley St in rush hour.
A quarter mile is a different story, of course! Also I just get tired of people taking as gospel the pin location when they mean nothing more than a general intention to build something ‘in the vicinity’ (see Leesburg, Virginia for another example).

-The best site would be in the Kings Parking Lot in Short Hills. The lot is huge, even during holidays food shopping. It is bordered on its north side by fencing and heavy shrubbery which would be a good area for the Supercharger as it would not hinder regular shoppers. Best of all, it is adjacent to Rt. 24 with easy access to the east, Interstate 78 (NYC) and the West (Morris County and Pennsylvania). Food and varied shopping facilities are close by which allows the driver to perform other tasks while the Tesla is powering up. I sent a proposal to Tesla months ago including a Google aerial map. Never received a response. Best guess is that until a few more quarters of financial success have passed, Tesla will not even consider expending the funds to install more NJ Superchargers.
I would be interested in learning of the reaction of other TMC members to this proposal.
-The best site would be in the Kings Parking Lot in Short Hills. The lot is huge, even during holidays food shopping. It is bordered on its north side by fencing and heavy shrubbery which would be a good area for the Supercharger as it would not hinder regular shoppers. Best of all, it is adjacent to Rt. 24 with easy access to the east, Interstate 78 (NYC) and the West (Morris County and Pennsylvania). Food and varied shopping facilities are close by which allows the driver to perform other tasks while the Tesla is powering up. I sent a proposal to Tesla months ago including a Google aerial map. Never received a response. Best guess is that until a few more quarters of financial success have passed, Tesla will not even consider expending the funds to install more NJ Superchargers.
I would be interested in learning of the reaction of other TMC members to this proposal.

UPDATE: I stopped by the office of the Springfield Township Engineer yesterday and I learned that Tesla has been in contact with the Township seeking approval for the installation of several Superchargers at what is known as the WaWa construction site next to Firestone on Morris Avenue (NJ Hwy 82). I have been told that Tesla already has had a relationship with the WaWa chain. It appears that any agreement must have the approval of the Springfield Township governing body and that, assuming that the project becomes a reality, it is months away.

Here is the update on the WaWa supercharger in Springfield, NJ. I stopped by the Springfield Township Engineer’s office last week and learned that the WaWa Supercharger site is expected to be approved either in this month (November 2019) or in December 2019. It should be completed in the Spring of 2020. Hang in there. It’s almost here for you to do your shopping at Shop Rite or Bed, Bath and Beyond while you charge. Just be sure that you get back to your Tesla to release the charger to another Tesla owner.

This is great news! I passed by today after a trip to ShopRite and

I attended the meeting of the Springfield Planning Board at 7:00 p.m. this evening January 2, 2020) where the Board unanimously approved the Springfield Morris Avenue Supercharger site location. There will be eight Tesla parking spaces and each of the eight V3 chargers will have three connecting cables rather than the standard two cables on the V2 chargers. They are to be high speed chargers giving 75 miles of range for ten minutes of charging. Of course, as the battery passes about 50 - 60% charge, the charge rate decreases to protect the battery. The Tesla facility will not open until the WaWa facility has been completed and is opened. Should be this spring.