Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sunnyvale, CA - W. McKinley Ave (LIVE 12 Mar 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see a post for it but... there is a new 12-slot Tesla Supercharger installation in Sunnyvale. It's in the Target parking garage on the edge of the Target parking garage at the corner of S. Taeffe St and W Iowa Ave. The charging stations are laid out parallel to W. Iowa Ave. I spoke with one of the workers and he said they should be done in about two weeks.

Here is the
GPS 37.373463, -122.033097

IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_2727.jpg
IMG_2731.jpg
IMG_2720.jpg

I can easily imagine this supercharger site becoming as popular and crowded as San Mateo and Mountain View. Funny thing: those are the parking spots I normally use when shopping at that Target (furthest from the store entrance). Probably not anymore, unless I become one of "those" locals. o_O

I don't see a post for it but... there is a new 12-slot Tesla Supercharger installation in Sunnyvale.
Nice find! The new Supercharger construction in California is off the charts. Today someone also started a thread about a new Supercharger in Lake Elsinore. It’s really been crazy this year in California.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo and McManX
I don't see a post for it but... there is a new 12-slot Tesla Supercharger installation in Sunnyvale. It's in the Target parking garage on the edge of the Target parking garage at the corner of S. Taeffe St and W Iowa Ave. The charging stations are laid out parallel to W. Iowa Ave. I spoke with one of the workers and he said they should be done in about two weeks.

Here is the
GPS 37.373463, -122.033097

View attachment 259587 View attachment 259588 View attachment 259589 View attachment 259590
How can we add this to supercharge.info ?

How can we add this to supercharge.info ?

You can email supercharge.info
(supercharge.info has an about page with contact and other information)

Or, as someone did above, you can use the at to put a user link to @BlueShift, which is the site owner's user name here.

There details would be:
Supercharger: Sunnyvale, CA
Street Address: 335 S Taaffe St
City: Sunnyvale
State: CA
Zip: 94086
Stalls: 12
GPS: 37.373443, -122.03314
Elev.(m):
Open Date:
Tesla:
Discuss: Supercharger - Sunnyvale (Construction started)

(The street address is what Google Maps shows for the street entrance)

• Informative
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
You can email supercharge.info
(supercharge.info has an about page with contact and other information)

Or, as someone did above, you can use the at to put a user link to @BlueShift, which is the site owner's user name here.

There details would be:
Supercharger: Sunnyvale, CA
Street Address: 335 S Taaffe St
City: Sunnyvale
State: CA
Zip: 94086
Stalls: 12
GPS: 37.373443, -122.03314
Elev.(m):
Open Date:
Tesla:
Discuss: Supercharger - Sunnyvale (Construction started)

(The street address is what Google Maps shows for the street entrance)

I already sent the information to supercharge.info

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Nice find! The new Supercharger construction in California is off the charts. Today someone also started a thread about a new Supercharger in Lake Elsinore. It’s really been crazy this year in California.
And it needs to be before the onslaught of Model 3's, especially in the Bay Area. Driving back from Sacramento Sunday afternoon and needing a 15 minute charge I saw on the display that Manteca, Dublin and Fremont were constantly full. I ended up waiting about 20 minutes in Dublin for a spot.

So funny you posted this. Last week I tried doing a search of permits in Sunnyvale online and couldn't come with anything. Figured if it was "coming in 2017" something should be in the works. This is great news and man really happening fast. Hubby parked in the garage there two weekends ago while we were shopping there. Guessing nothing had started at that point but will show him the photos.

Last edited:
Different perspective but don't see any noticeable changes.
Much better photo and you can see all 10 charging pedestals. It looks like they just need to paint new stall lines at this point. You'd think they would build an enclosure for the supercharger cabinets at the end, especially given that big Target trucks are going to be maneuvering around right next to them, but maybe the metal bollards are sufficient protection.

Fencing is all gone now. Looks like they are doing some testing. Also, I noticed 2 standard chargers at the end of the row of Superchargers.

Is that the "Tesla / 60 Minute General Parking" sign I see posted? or the "30 Minute General Parking"? Hate to see it available as General Parking as it could fill up with ICE vehicles before Teslas even get there especially during the busy holidays or weekends with Teslas being outnumbered competing for those charging spaces. And a bad thing for Teslas really needing a charge driving there to find out an ICE is parked there, the Nav system won't reflect it as the stall being occupied right?

I saw this thread started off with 12 chargers and only 10 superchargers seen. Are the other 2 chargers HPWCs or something else like a Charge Point-type charger? Is that what the guys are standing next to? Can't recall if I saw other EV charging in the garage when we were last there together.

Last edited: