Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Superior, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car showed it was temporarily closed but we stopped by based on the posts above. We only hit 147 kW at about 40% SoC

20201003_151013.jpg

video from Fox31 news of Tesla Superior service center.

Hopefully the damage to the service center and Supercharger isn't that severe. It looks like most of the exterior of the building and Supercharger are ok! For those who don't know, the exterior was covered with repurposed beetle-kill wood. Some of it burned but most of the metal building looks fine. Of course the sprinklers might've caused some water damage.
IMG_20211231_155711_088.jpg

Here's more detailed pics of the Superior Service Center after the Marshall fire. This is the west and south wall. Much of the wall covering has been burned, the steel structure remains.
DSC_2823.JPG

The exit door seems undamaged. That's tough glass.
DSC_2824.JPG

Some (but not all) windows broken.
DSC_2825.JPG

A line of to-be-delivered/loaner/waiting-for-repair Teslas on the north end of the SC, undamaged as far as I can tell. It's puzzling that the hotel a block east was completely leveled except (by design) the emergency stairwells and elevator core. 100 mile winds were blowing embers everywhere - one of them found a combustible part of the hotel to land one, I assume. The SuperCharger seemed completely unharmed, and there was a car attached to one of the stations. National Guard was not letting anyone drive in, and the guardsman said the fire on the other side was a battery fire. I think that's not credible; most of the damage was higher up on the structure, cars on the inside appear undamaged, and I don't think Tesla keeps spare battery packs around, they must be special-ordered.
DSC_2827.JPG

A view inside from the north looking south.Everything looks normal, except for too much light coming through the back wall. I expect that the tools and supplies are largely intact, that some temporary coverings could make the structure secure while they're ordering construction materials to fix the relatively small parts of wall that were damaged. There might be heat damage on cars/tools in the south 30 or 40 feet of the building though.
DSC_2828.JPG

I drove by the Superior service center today. They had torn down almost all of the exterior walls. Looks like they might do a complete rebuild. The roof is still intact. I'm surprised as the damage didn't seem that bad with only one side obviously damaged by the fire.
It was probably all water damaged since the sprinkler system was activated.

Reactions: PLUS EV