Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Superior, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are also those of us with a MS60 that would not be able to easily make it between CDL and Missoula even in nice weather! My brother-in-law lives near Great Falls, MT, so we are really looking forward to driving to his place next summer in our MS60. Superior will most definitely be a pit stop on the drive there!

There are also those of us with a MS60 that would not be able to easily make it between CDL and Missoula even in nice weather! My brother-in-law lives near Great Falls, MT, so we are really looking forward to driving to his place next summer in our MS60. Superior will most definitely be a pit stop on the drive there!

On top of that, as close as it is, I have heard hints that St Regis may still be on a Tesla list... :confused:

On top of that, as close as it is, I have heard hints that St Regis may still be on a Tesla list... :confused:
What, the great brains at Tesla in charge of SC siting finally looked at a printed map instead of relying on Google? You have to zoom in fairly close to see 135 on Google maps, whereas it's obvious on a printed one (which is why I use print maps for all my SC site musings). In any case, whether due to this or those of us who emailed them explaining why Superior instead of St. Regis was so dumb, if the light bulb has finally gone off for them, hallelujah! Pity about the wasted time and money, though.

Very nice article. Interesting quote about why Superior and not St Regis:
Bullock said, originally, the station was to be built at the Travel Center in St. Regis. He said utility infrastructure buried underground prevented them from building at the St. Regis site so it was decided to move the supercharging facility to Superior.

This completes a long island of Superchargers across Montana. That makes 6 Superchargers across Montana! Crossing the Idaho Strait is pretty doable with an HPWC top up in Coeur d'Alene*, but there is a challenging distance of open water from Billings to Rapid City. I hope that Tesla is working to quickly complete Sheridan, Gillette, and Coeur d'Alene to convert the Montana Island to the Montana Causeway!

*Quicker for those intelligent Tesla road trippers that purchased dual chargers.

Appears to me to be done. Butte went live on 12/04 maybe Superior will be turned on today 12/05.

I did just call the S and S Grocery in Superior, MT (406) 822-4837 and the store clerk told me Tesla was there yesterday 12/4/2014 and she was told "they did their final testing".
Still not showing on my Model S Navigation SuperCharger list or the Teslamotors.com/findus map, yet. Maybe later today.