Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Superior, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same as with @HookBill, I suggest that you might leave political cheap shots out of this forum.

My decision to install solar panels and to stop polluting the air by burning fossil fuel to get around, and supporting the carbon tax effort, had nothing to do with politics. None of the people I know who drive a BEV or who installed solar panels vote Democrat (not that that matters anymore in CA) and none of my many liberal friends has either solar panels nor an electric car - the closest being a Prius driver. Should I then conclude, and declare on this forum, that Democrats are in favor of air pollution?
You realize you're getting wound up about comments from two years ago, right? Most of which have long since been quarantined in a political thread? o_O

Just stumbled across this thread. For completeness, I stopped there twice in the fall of 2016 about 2 weeks apart. On the way east it was raining, went into the store got some coffee, very pleasant service, nobody bothered me while I hung out in the store waiting for a charge to complete. On the way back, beautiful sunny weather, some hunters still in camo and with fresh game on the back of their pickups came up to talk about Tesla - they were amazingly friendly, very curious, loved the acceleration numbers, one of them on the way out even said that when Tesla comes out with a pick-up truck he might have to get himself one. I remember thinking to myself, Montana has some of the most friendly people I met along my coast to coast round trip, mostly along I-90.

That was a year after the OP's experience, so maybe things changed. It is also possible there are some crabby people. It is also possible that sometimes in the zeal of love for Tesla, some owners can come across as preachy and or judgemental, looking down on anyone not driving a Tesla or an EV. Maybe the people the OP ran into got that impression, possibly not from the OP but some Tesla drive who visited before the OP, and that shaped their opinion for the next encounter?

So I unplugged (I had at that time enough to get to Coeur d'Alene, but were originally wanting to shoot straight for Ritzville) and we went over to the picnic tables with the car...
Been in Coeur d'Alene when I was 18. 37 years ago, pulled in late night along the hiway to the only light I could find on a building hoping something existed there. Got out and went up to this large wooden door on the building the light was shining on. A sign had been burned into the wood " Three nights a week a man is behind this door with a shotgun and you picked the right night". Obviously we were not being welcomed at this location.

WE LEFT posthaste. The rest of our stay was pleasant at the lake.

Driving my Model S for over 4 years through big and small towns across 20 states, I never had a single bad experience. Many times people came up to me and asked me about the car. Always nice and friendly.
Tesla has a very positive image in the public. We as Tesla drivers have to make sure we don't ruin that image by driving and acting like a dick.

Currently showing as temporarily closed in the car and app, making my trip back to Missoula a bit of a pain. Anyone know what’s up?
You could try calling the Chevron during business hours and asking them. They may not have a clue but at the very least you could ask them to step outside and see if the red TESLA lettering is lit up on the pedestals. Best to call after dark but before they close, so right now would be a GREAT time to do it.

Still gone on /findus but presumably people are charging? @corywright Is there any precedent for this?
There's a lot of precedent for Tesla's Find Us site being inaccurate and poorly maintained. For example, see the sections for the states of Los Angeles and Mexico on the US Tesla Superchargers page.

I think in this particular case the person who manages the Find Us site accidentally removed the Superior, MT entry when they intended to remove the Superior, CO entry, which is still offline due to the fire in December.

This reminds me of when I needed a tow in The Dalles, Oregon and Tesla Roadside was trying to arrange to send a tow truck from Salem. I was thinking "WTF? Portland would make more sense and it should be easy to get a tow truck from Portland." I hung up and called AAA and a tow truck came right away. It was only hours later that I realized the Tesla Roadside guy must have thought I was in Dallas, Oregon, even though I clearly stated "it's two words. T-H-E-space-D-A-L-L-E-S."

This reminds me of when I needed a tow in The Dalles, Oregon and Tesla Roadside was trying to arrange to send a tow truck from Salem. I was thinking "WTF? Portland would make more sense and it should be easy to get a tow truck from Portland." I hung up and called AAA and a tow truck came right away. It was only hours later that I realized the Tesla Roadside guy must have thought I was in Dallas, Oregon, even though I clearly stated "it's two words. T-H-E-space-D-A-L-L-E-S."
I’m surprised the Tesla service rep doesn’t have access to at least the vehicle location, they really should have access to such things, it could be useful in dealing with some calls, maybe even dealing with lockouts, such as On-Star does. I can see that being necessary for those of us using our cellphones as our key (model 3/Y). A dead cellphone has happened to me more than once, but I had the foresight to keep the RFID card in my wallet. However I have been without my wallet a few times too, usually I figure that out when at the supermarket checkout!