Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Surrey, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, most of the time. But long weekend traffic diverting on and off the #1 to get there will be a hassle and a crawl -- on those days at least. The traffic can crawl right to Abbotsord on long weekends, but widening is taking place. It seems to me that a spot closer to the highway, without the hassle of getting on/off at the bridge would have been better for travellers. You need to take the Surrey exit even before getting on the bridge eastbound to get to this one -- so you need to cross a lot of lanes coming from HOV. Doing that on a long weekend from Vancouver seems like a hassle when one could have been put right by the highway a bit further out.

It's a great spot for me though and only a few minutes from my office. :)
I'm thinking about this location between Vancouver, and Seattle Tesla could have at least put the 120kWh chargers due to the high volume of Teslas in this region. I can already see a ton of owners using this stop. Urban chargers are fine, but I don't think 12 are enough. In the future, I bet this location will be ideal for some sort of ''EV'' meet and greet.

Reactions: MarcoRP
No one ever claimed it was open. Still a construction cone on supercharge.info.
He says Google Maps claimed it's open

upload_2018-9-26_21-50-29.png

Wait for a second... On Tesla's Supercharging map there is no Surrey, BC location. Could this location be Burnaby, BC? Burnaby is like a 20-minute drive from Guildford Town Center. I think the same thing happened with a charger in Wasgnhtion. Wenatchee, WA was going to have a charger and then next Leavenworth, WA had one. We will find out soon enough.

Leavenworth - Wenatchee is a 30-minute drive.
Surrey - Burnaby is a 20-minute drive.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Took photos and added the location to google maps. Hope you guys like it :)

PSA: Please don't add them manually to Google Maps, for the reason shown below:

Just a note to everyone; I stopped by this location just now and it is NOT IN OPERATION. I asked the crew and they couldn’t say when it would be up and running. Didn’t want anyone to plan on making this a trip stop yet.

No one said it was. Do you have any photos?

Didn’t bother taking photos; the stalls are all behind construction fence. It’s been added to Google maps so that’s why I’m mentioning it.

• Helpful
Reactions: modamoda
I remember when the first supercharger was built in Hope. After construction was finished, it took another 4 months or so to have the power turned on. That was sure frustrating -- looking at them wrapped in plastic for months while charging at 70 amps across from the Blue Moose. Now we get them turning up at locations not listed (that even Tesla Vancouver does not know about) and people expect them to work immediately -- even before construction is finished. That's progress!

Wait for a second... On Tesla's Supercharging map there is no Surrey, BC location. Could this location be Burnaby, BC? Burnaby is like a 20-minute drive from Guildford Town Center. I think the same thing happened with a charger in Wasgnhtion. Wenatchee, WA was going to have a charger and then next Leavenworth, WA had one. We will find out soon enough.

Leavenworth - Wenatchee is a 30-minute drive.
Surrey - Burnaby is a 20-minute drive.
Yup. See post #30

Aw sweet! He found the switch!!

So I have a question for those who have charged at these newer semi-super chargers. After the initial large current with the 120kw supercharger, once it ramps down after a car is 40% SOC or so, it drops down to say 70 kw charging. If you then hooked up to one of these new 72kw chargers would it charge at 70kw? or would it be a lot less?

In other words does the 72 kw mama charger charge at a lower rate thoughout the whole charge? or just at the beginning compared to the 120 kw papa charger?

Last edited: