Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Surrey, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fixed
upload_2018-10-11_17-42-44.png

Somewhere I think I heard that the urban units don't share the circuit. So you get the full amount (up to 72 kW) that the battery can absorb...whether someone pulls in next to you or not. Compare that to the regular 'highway' supercharge, with 120 kW and the potential to split down to 60 kW. In busy locations, the urban system would charge you faster, if in fact it doesn't share a circuit.

• Informative
Reactions: Corsair
With Model X 75D, 40 kWh was needed when you're heading for Whistler from this Supercharger (may vary by temp and personal driving habit)

I used 40.1 kWh with cabin temp 21~22C (maybe 71F?) and outside temp was 3C(Surrey)

Downtown Seattle => (24.2kWh) => Burlington SC => (24.6kWh) => Surrey SC => (40.1kWh) => Whistler Village

Pros: Guildford Town Centre, you can have many food option here than Burlington SC
If you need to rush to US-CA border to avoid heavy traffic time, you can skip Burlington SC

Cons: 72 kW ...eww...
Guildford Town Centre is large shopping center, you need to walk for a few min to find place to eat. (In contrast, you just need few seconds in Burlington SC)
A little bit away from highway

Not sure, but I think Seattle => Surrey => Squamish => Whistler might take less time than Seattle => Burlington (slow charging speed due to high charged battery) => Squamish => Whistler.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
With Model X 75D, 40 kWh was needed when you're heading for Whistler from this Supercharger (may vary by temp and personal driving habit)

I used 40.1 kWh with cabin temp 21~22C (maybe 71F?) and outside temp was 3C(Surrey)

Downtown Seattle => (24.2kWh) => Burlington SC => (24.6kWh) => Surrey SC => (40.1kWh) => Whistler Village

Pros: Guildford Town Centre, you can have many food option here than Burlington SC
If you need to rush to US-CA border to avoid heavy traffic time, you can skip Burlington SC

Cons: 72 kW ...eww...
Guildford Town Centre is large shopping center, you need to walk for a few min to find place to eat. (In contrast, you just need few seconds in Burlington SC)
A little bit away from highway

Not sure, but I think Seattle => Surrey => Squamish => Whistler might take less time than Seattle => Burlington (slow charging speed due to high charged battery) => Squamish => Whistler.
It's gotta be faster to stop for a quick top-off at Burlington than to drive out of your way to Surrey on your way to Whistler.