Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Surrey, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are actually 3 malls which could have something. Here is a charging location within the 3: Grandview Corners, Shops at Morgan Crossing and SmartCentres Surrey South. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

That's my neck of the woods. I frequent those spots but haven't seen any construction so far. Grandview corners is a possibility as parking lot is comparatively expansive and there's a Chademo station supplied by BC Hydro.

That's my neck of the woods. I frequent those spots but haven't seen any construction so far. Grandview corners is a possibility as parking lot is comparatively expansive and there's a Chademo station supplied by BC Hydro.
Yeah there is a 2 stall BC hydro station in the busy parking lot. I've seen it many times ICE’d, so building a supercharger station there will be a challenge.

Maybe around the Home Depo side of Grandview corners, Tesla can build something.

Perhaps the backside of Semiahmoo mall is the most probable location for a charging station. But who am I to say? The City of Surrey? Nah I'm just a dog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: MarcoRP
Not noticed anything else around that area. There is a building/condo construction going on between Johnston Rd & Thrift Ave since last year. All covered up, can't even take a peek inside. And that's the only building activity going on that I'm aware of within White Rock D/T area
How about the area you noticed at Semiahmoo mall?

Not noticed anything else around that area. There is a building/condo construction going on between Johnston Rd & Thrift Ave since last year. All covered up, can't even take a peek inside. And that's the only building activity going on that I'm aware of within White Rock D/T area
Ah yes, I was coming home from Cosmos last night, and I noticed some lvl 2 chargers in a new parkade that is being built.
Here is the google maps coordinates of the parkcade at the corner of Vidal St & Victoira Ave: 49.022752,-122.808577
Here is the Streetview: Google Maps
It looks to be an old photo from May, 2014, however, the new parking garage is not shown yet on google maps. But trust me it's there.

• Informative
I received an email back from the property administrator at Semiahmoo Mall saying:
I am unaware of any Tesla Power stations or other stations being installed in the parking lot of Semiahmoo at this time.

I'm thinking and hoping that would be the last person to know. It would be great location. I was happy to see Winners was moving in to replace the old Zellers. Superchargers too would sure be nice. I live close by so I will keep an eye out. It's a significant reno so if they are to be built there it likely would be at the end of the job which looks to be many months away.

Last edited:
How big is the parking lot here? I need to take a closer look next time I'm close. Tesla also likes to team up with Best Western so perhaps this is also a possibility?:

Surrey Hotel | BEST WESTERN Peace Arch Inn| Surrey hotel
I only know of Merritt and Kelowna. Am I missing some? I also think, in an urban setting like this, Tesla will more likely install them somewhere with a bigger parking lot than this one (which looks relatively small from map view). I’m thinking the mall across the highway, but I could be wrong...

I only know of Merritt and Kelowna. Am I missing some?

I stayed at Best Western in Revelstoke -- then got hit with an idle charge -- when I was the only one charging there and my meeting went later than expected after I hit 100%. It wasn't worth disputing the $15 charge so I left it to help Tesla out with their mounting debt... ;)

Revelstoke, BC Supercharger | Tesla Canada

I also charge at Burlington outside the Marriott -- and there are malls close by that were not selected by Tesla in favour of a hotel parking lot (unfortunately since I drop my wife off at the malls and go charge). Best Western -- Marriott -- not much difference to me but I don't know if they are actually affiliated. In the early days, it seemed more hotels were selected and now it seems more malls -- at least the ones I use -- since they now put them at Guildford Mall.

I'm really hoping for Semiahmoo mall though -- and not Best Western -- but I just threw it out there as another possibility.

Last edited:
My wife's comments when I told her SS/White Rock superchargers are coming....

I don't discount the Pink Palace now purchased by Hilton. It closed down around August and is currently undergoing massive renovations which could also technically mean the parking. The parking was certainly overdue for a revamp. However, there is not much currently in the surrounding area for food/beverages within walking distance. I would assume the hotel will have some coffee shop attachment and restaurant(s). It also makes sense as it so accessible to the border and highway. Time will tell...
Pacific Inn Resort closed for major renovation into DoubleTree by Hilton

My wife's comments when I told her SS/White Rock superchargers are coming....

I don't discount the Pink Palace now purchased by Hilton. It closed down around August and is currently undergoing massive renovations which could also technically mean the parking. The parking was certainly overdue for a revamp. However, there is not much currently in the surrounding area for food/beverages within walking distance. I would assume the hotel will have some coffee shop attachment and restaurant(s). It also makes sense as it so accessible to the border and highway. Time will tell...
Pacific Inn Resort closed for major renovation into DoubleTree by Hilton
Please no not the Pink Palace! Anything but that!

Reactions: Canuck
Here is another possible location for the chargers:
Victoria Avenue Parkade, by down White Rock beach.

They are putting up some lvl 2 chargers, why not add some Tesla ones too?

Attachments

• IMG-0148.JPG
    IMG-0148.JPG
    417.7 KB · Views: 58