Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Surrey, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Found this on PlugShare just now. There is a 10 stall Supercharger in construction at Guildford Town Centre in Surrey! (PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You) @BlueShift
74E97BA0-C716-451D-B291-23FE533D4DD0.jpeg

I went to check it out over my lunch break. The pin on plugshare is actually wrong, it should be one parking lot south at the northeast corner of 104 Ave and 150 St. Guys were busy installing wiring. It's a pretty good spot with free parking at Guildford Mall, but if you want to eat while you charge, the food court is quite a walk. I'll check it out again later in the week.
20180924_123923.jpg
gmsc.jpeg

Last edited:
I went to check it out over my lunch break. The pin on plugshare is actually wrong, it should be one parking lot south at the northeast corner of 104 Ave and 150 St. Guys were busy installing wiring. It's a pretty good spot with free parking at Guildford Mall, but if you want to eat while you charge, the food court is quite a walk. I'll check it out again later in the week. View attachment 337768View attachment 337779

Wow, great photo and insights. I will swing by Wednesday afternoon and see what is happening. I'm really stoked about this charger being under a 30-minute drive from my house and one that I might actually use more than the Twassin mills location.

Reactions: Ludalicious
This is a useful spot for highway travelers destined for Vancouver, or heading east after spending time in the Vancouver area.

Yes, most of the time. But long weekend traffic diverting on and off the #1 to get there will be a hassle and a crawl -- on those days at least. The traffic can crawl right to Abbotsord on long weekends, but widening is taking place. It seems to me that a spot closer to the highway, without the hassle of getting on/off at the bridge would have been better for travellers. You need to take the Surrey exit even before getting on the bridge eastbound to get to this one -- so you need to cross a lot of lanes coming from HOV. Doing that on a long weekend from Vancouver seems like a hassle when one could have been put right by the highway a bit further out.

It's a great spot for me though and only a few minutes from my office. :)

Yes, most of the time. But long weekend traffic diverting on and off the #1 to get there will be a hassle and a crawl -- on those days at least. The traffic can crawl right to Abbotsord on long weekends, but widening is taking place. It seems to me that a spot closer to the highway, without the hassle of getting on/off at the bridge would have been better for travellers. You need to take the Surrey exit even before getting on the bridge eastbound to get to this one -- so you need to cross a lot of lanes coming from HOV. Doing that on a long weekend from Vancouver seems like a hassle when one could have been put right by the highway a bit further out.

It's a great spot for me though and only a few minutes from my office. :)

My current option is to sit in Hope until I'm pretty much 100% charged, so I can get into Vancouver, do what I have to do, and get back to Hope for another charge. Level 2's are rarely available anywhere I go in Vancouver. If I'm staying the night, I stay where I've learned I *can* plug into a Level 2. But a day trip is a drag, especially in the winter when consumption is higher. I'll take the traffic delays over the charging time in Hope and nail-biting on the way back...! Ideal would be a pullout right on the highway, but until then, I'll happily use this one!

Reactions: Canuck