Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sutherlin, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be visiting that one around the end of March and, based on the inputs here, I am guessing it'll be open by then. If not, it's over to the Dairy Queen to use the crappy Electrify America ones......and get an ice cream while I wait.
Why not user Myrtle Creek or Creswell? Those two are less than 80 miles apart. I live in Newport, OR and I can make it from home to Myrtle Creek in my S70.

329105944_6080963405294705_7447100085161152388_n.jpg

Post from Northwest Tesla Owners group on Facebook today of the current status of Sutherlin location.

Why not user Myrtle Creek or Creswell? Those two are less than 80 miles apart. I live in Newport, OR and I can make it from home to Myrtle Creek in my S70.
I'll be coming from Bend and ending up in Springfield, via Canyonville. I may not need a charge between, but I just want to have options in case I need to add a little juice. Myrtle Creek would be a good one though, I could for sure easily make that one only about 6 miles, LOL....thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: kavyboy
I'll be coming from Bend and ending up in Springfield, via Canyonville. I may not need a charge between, but I just want to have options in case I need to add a little juice. Myrtle Creek would be a good one though, I could for sure easily make that one only about 6 miles, LOL....thanks for the suggestion.
I brought it up because our neighbors have a longer-range Tesla than I do, and they make it sound like they can't get anywhere from here. Meanwhile, I'm skipping chargers on I-5. I was wondering what was up with that - was I missing something?
Be careful of the read conditions outside Bend. I drove fro Houston, TX and it just didn't occur to me (stupid) that snow might be an issue. It almost was.
Have a great trip!

Reactions: SR-75
You should get a fair bit of juice just coming down from the higher elevation…if you manage it you could do easily 185-200 w/m instead of 50% more than that. That direction toward Eugene/Salem I go much better than the Bend direction. Same with heading south to Ashland. I remember leaving Crater Lake once and used HALF the expected miles covered.

Reactions: bruce4000
Would sure be nice if there was a charger along 58 or 126. Was very bummed to see those corridors left out in favor of thickening the highway 5 corridor. Makes it very difficult to out-and-back into the back country sometimes.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Thank you all for your helpful responses. I haven't traveled this route in years and don't really remember how the terrain was, except it involved mountains.

I brought it up because our neighbors have a longer-range Tesla than I do, and they make it sound like they can't get anywhere from here. Meanwhile, I'm skipping chargers on I-5. I was wondering what was up with that - was I missing something?
Be careful of the read conditions outside Bend. I drove fro Houston, TX and it just didn't occur to me (stupid) that snow might be an issue. It almost was.
Have a great trip!
Yes, snow is one of the considerations I'll for sure be looking at. If snow is forecast, I'll for sure be taking one of my ICE vehicles.My S still has the original summer tires on it and I've had it in the snow only once.....that was enough. Hopefully it'll never see snow again with siped summer tires on it.
Would sure be nice if there was a charger along 58 or 126. Was very bummed to see those corridors left out in favor of thickening the highway 5 corridor. Makes it very difficult to out-and-back into the back country sometimes.
Yep, that would solve all the problems and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
You should get a fair bit of juice just coming down from the higher elevation…if you manage it you could do easily 185-200 w/m instead of 50% more than that. That direction toward Eugene/Salem I go much better than the Bend direction. Same with heading south to Ashland. I remember leaving Crater Lake once and used HALF the expected miles covered.
Yes, that for sure would be a big help. I've averaged 297 w/m for the past 8700 miles and, if I could get that kind of increased range, for sure I wouldn't even need to stop. I always like to have some options though, just in case.....and I don't like having to react to possible foreseeable issues when I am travelling. Much easier to plan in the comfort of home. Weather, wind and uphill stuff really does take its toll if all these things are not favoring you in your travels.