Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Exeter, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great find by the keen eye of @jacko306 with @QBN_PC following through with the confirmation pics - a supercharger under construction at Heatherbrae's Pies, a few hundred metres from the Evie Sutton Forest site.

I've listed as Sutton Forest/Exeter as Google Maps tells me this is technically Exeter so not sure how Tesla will eventually categorise it.

Only two cabinets, meaning possibly as small as six stalls, but the photos seem to show a lot more spaces than that - could end up being bigger.

This comes as the opening of the 12-stall site at Campbelltown is imminent, and of course Tesla still has the 15-stall site in Marulan sometime in the next ~18 months.

1679183623740.png

1679183641817.png

Last edited:
Agree on a 6 stall site with the two boxes, and from the pics one front in on the left and then 5 regular spots (you can see 5 orange pipes poking up)
On the Southbound side so matches nicely with the proposed 15-stall Marulan Northbound site.

Most drivers departing from Sydney shouldn't need to use this one but tactically would be much quicker to stop here compared to Goulburn (being A. version 3, and B. A shorter detour off the highway)

(Also added to Supercharger Wiki Index)

Last edited:
Most drivers departing from Sydney shouldn't need to use this one but tactically would be much quicker to stop here compared to Goulburn.
I just experimented in ABRP and charging to 90% at that Heatherbrae Pies Supercharger I could then make it to the Cooma Supercharger with about 30% remaining. Would make for a good “out of sync” or undercut strategy for trips to the Snowy Mountains (vs Canberra or Goulburn). That and the bakery in Goulburn are my preferred food stops on trips south from Sydney. I am usually instructed to pick up a family pie or two on the return trip to Sydney anyway, so it’s ideal for that and in a worst case (chargers down or crowded) it’s less than 20% battery further in my car to the new Campbelltown Supercharger.

Agree on a 6 stall site with the two boxes, and from the pics one front in on the left and then 5 regular spots (you can see 5 orange pipes poking up)
On the Southbound side so matches nicely with the proposed 15-stall Marulan Northbound site.

Most drivers departing from Sydney shouldn't need to use this one but tactically would be much quicker to stop here compared to Goulburn (being A. version 3, and B. A shorter detour off the highway)

Also a good option for visitors to the southern highlands, spending a long weekend in Mossvale, Bowral, Berrima etc.

I've listed as Sutton Forest/Exeter as Google Maps tells me this is technically Exeter so not sure how Tesla will eventually categorise it.
Yes, the border between Exeter and Sutton Forest apparently runs between the Heatherbrae Pies carpark and the Shell truck parking.

That said, Tesla calling it Exter instead of Sutton Forest would be pretty confusing, considering that the whole service centre area there is known as the Sutton Forest service centre (the actual towns of Sutton Forest and Exeter both being located a fair way off the highway).

This site could really be a big test of how ICEing resistant charging spots can be in Australia.

It's a very small carpark that gets very busy at peak times.

And if there are only 6 I really hope they don't have to include any of those "60 minute general parking" signs.
Worst case, with 2 ICE'd bays and 2 wrong sided charge port cars you could be pulling into a charger with 4 spots supposedly free that is actually entirely unusable.

Coming along nicely. 6 stalls in place and at least two more still on a pallet so perhaps 9?

View attachment 920366
They might be going with an 8 stall two cabinet v3 design. That seems to be more common in the US but not so much here. Only Tenterfield V3 has 4 stalls on one cabinet. Means that a fully maxed site, assuming no megapack, would be about 90kW per stall instead of 125kW but as sharing can occur across all stalls maxing out a site is less common that maxing out a cabinet on v2.

Or they just come in boxes of four and they are two left over.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Yeah, not sure how they decide on whether to go for 3-output or 4-output variations. Everything else about the cabinets is identical (see this post and the one following it).

They were using the 4-output varieties for quite a while before they starting using 3-output ones so presumably they found 3-output the sweet spot. Maybe in a region where queuing is high-risk (Hume) they want to ensure as many vehicles as possible can plug in, even if the available power isn't any greater.

Or maybe it is just as simple as what @RichardV said and they are just spares on the same truck that are going to another location!