Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Exeter, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2535.jpeg

Visited the site today and most of the fences are down. Superchargers stalls are only protected by little line of flags.
The only fence left is around the brand new SubStation that needs the paving reinstated around it. The Substation is adjacent to the green cabinets in the earlier pictures At the western end of the site.
There was one workman still there and he said the new substation was the major hold up, but is now installed with an appointment for connection on May 28.
Supercharger operation should commence soon after.

Will be interesting to see what the cars planner suggests.

Given its less of a detour off the highway, and the stalls are quicker and in peak demand will have less sharing, it should be a simple choice for those in the know.
Albeit it's probably a little too close for those starting a journey in Sydney to be optimal (arriving with low SoC).

And Goulburn is arguably better for those wanting better food choices, or a park for kids or dogs.

Even my lower range 2020 SR+ can make it from Suttons Forest to Gundagai though would need to charge to 90% (about 82% battery use on ABRP)

Reactions: Chuq
Will be interesting to see what the cars planner suggests.
Once the intermediate sites (like this and Yass, Holbrook, Benalla, etc.) come online, the planner will really start some clever routing. At the moment (on the Hume Highway trips at least) pretty much every RWD car needs to stop at every site, even if they still have over 40% SOC (because they'll have <0% at the following one). With the intermediate sites available, the routing engine will be able to pick when to stop based on optimal SOC. On busy days, it may even be smart enough to divert drivers based on the capabilities of their car and charger to ensure every minute of connected time is optimally used (e.g. the low SOC LR/P drivers to the V3 sites (since they'll *use* that 250 kW peak speed).

I seem to remember some smarter route planning capabilities were announced relatively recently, might have been at Investor Day. Honestly surprised it didn't already have this, given the SC density of other major routes around the world.

Problem is going to be leaving Sydney with 100% means you'll be still greater than 50% at Exerter. Not the premium part of the charging curve.

But it does give the option to bypass Goulburn and Canberra in busy periods, heading for the Monaro Hwy.
I don't live in Sydney, so my default thinking isn't about charge level while leaving Sydney.