Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Swartz Creek, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted the city manager via email and was told the proposed location for this supercharger is the Meijer on Morrish Rd. I briefly skimmed the meeting minutes that are available online and was unable to find any additional references. In my opinion, this location fills a big void for lower central Michigan travel!

Location in question (if I searched correctly):

4141 Morrish Rd, Swartz Creek, MI 48473

gys8Sb7.jpg

I agree, the Swartz Creek Meijer is a great location. It is right off the I69 exit. I was there last week and did not see any sign of work starting. Hopefully with warmer weather coming to Michigan they can get it going.

@BlueShift is this a good enough source?

Personally, judging by the fact it came from an official from the city, it might mean that the info was privately accessible and so only by the city reps, making it a reliable source IMHO

@BlueShift is this a good enough source?

Personally, judging by the fact it came from an official from the city, it might mean that the info was privately accessible and so only by the city reps, making it a reliable source IMHO

I would say the source sounds reliable, but if this is only a "proposed location" then I would vote to hold off on the blue dot. If there is an application for a building permit or asking for approval from the city council / planning commission then it would be a more clear indication that Tesla is going ahead with it.

Reactions: Pluto
Swartz Creek, MI

Along Primary Interstates: I-69
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-69:
To: Port Huron, MI - 75.4 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Canada at Port Huron, MI - 75.6 miles

To: Woodstock, ON (I-69,ON-402) - 170.2 miles

Would have been a bit better if they could have agreed a site closer to the intersection with I-75.

But, definitely, helpful for travel along I-69.

Last edited:
There is another Meijer adjacent and west of US-23, a few miles southeast of this location. But, there is no direct access to this location via I75. I75 southbound travelers have to divert west onto US-23 S, while northbound travelers either have to travel north on I475 and west down a 4 lane road, or travel slightly north, just to go south again on US23. I agree it’s above the 5 mile threshold, but it’s not by a great deal more.

While this location may seem inconvenient, it certainly fulfills an easier path of travel (via a major interchange versus N number of possible routes) for I69, US23, and I75 travelers. I’ll take what I can get!

What's up with all the charger construction in Michigan suddenly? Is there some state program promoting the building of chargers that other states should copy?

There's still a lot of places in Illinois and Iowa that are pretty range anxiety inducing that could use similar levels of attention.

What's up with all the charger construction in Michigan suddenly? Is there some state program promoting the building of chargers that other states should copy?

There's still a lot of places in Illinois and Iowa that are pretty range anxiety inducing that could use similar levels of attention.

Meijer seems to be really interested in growing their partnership with Tesla. Also, Tesla seems to be very interested in making significant expansions to the Supercharger network this year.