Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Swartz Creek, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just swung by to give it a go, I was able to charge just fine.

The Biggby coffee isn’t open yet, and when it does it’s a pretty small building. It’s just a “to-go” place. But it’s very close, so it’s easy to pop over and grab a coffee then get back in your car.

Attachments

• 0142ABA8-5C4D-4316-82D0-7FF2B34EEA30.jpeg
    0142ABA8-5C4D-4316-82D0-7FF2B34EEA30.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 87
Keep in mind that until Tesla shows it as “live” it really isn’t. We have seen many chargers go up for a few days/weeks and then go dark for more tweaking - i.e., to fix voltage fluctuations. If you’re planning a trip don’t roll in with an empty tank.
CC574090-7593-4C86-BE03-F1C76FB5CC50.jpeg 3B wasn’t functioning. 1A gave me a 78 down to a 52kw charge with half battery.

Swartz Creek supercharger has not yet made it to the Tesla car map. However it is open and working.
Tesla may be waiting for the parking lines to be painted before they map it. The parking lines are really needed here since you charge from both sides of the island and it is bit difficult to line up with the proper pedestal without them.

C903C8DD-FF11-4BA2-912F-30E2F777E25C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Today I met a guy at the Swartz Creek Sc who was looking over the site. In talking with him he stated he was there to paint the parking lines. He was told by Tesla that it wasn't open, so he was surprised to see me charging. I told him it wasn't on their maps yet so it isn't officially open. He planned to paint the lines tomorrow, but due to the snow forecast for tonight he was going to do it today. He further stated that Tesla will likely 'open up" the site once the lines are painted. He also said he has painted many super charger locations, so I am sure he knows how it works. Nice guy to talk with.

So it should be on the maps soon.

As of now, Swartz Creek, MI | Tesla is still reporting "Target opening in 2020" and "Exact timing and specific location may vary". Perhaps they're waiting for the 3B problem to be ironed out.

Either way, it's awesome that this is finally usable.

Delay between being open + being displayed in the car + being displayed on the website is always a thing. Usually the car is before the website. Tesla likes to 'soft launch' them to work out any kinks before releasing the masses to it

Reactions: IT Geek