Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sweetwater, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I posted yesterday from my phone, but looks like it didn't go through.

Long story short, I stopped by the SC site and tried to charge. Plugged in, waited about 5-8 seconds and nothing happened.

Sorry for your trouble -- I am sure it is aggravating to arrive with the anticipation of Supercharging and getting squat.

Looks like this location might NOT yet be activated.
I checked on the NAV screen in my car, and it does not show up.

But, IIRC when I went to Ardmore and Lindale they were not yet on my NAV screen.
And sometimes stuff just happens.

You might have checked a couple of different pylons while you were there to see if any of them might be active.
Last resort might be to call Tesla in Fremont and report/ask if it is actually supposed to be "ALIVE" yet.

Is there a business close by that you could call prior to driving to that location (for next time)?

Last edited:
I'm headed through there tomorrow on the way to Abilene, I'll check it and I hope it's on!
My wife went through there today and here's a pic.
image1.jpeg

I'm headed through there tomorrow on the way to Abilene, I'll check it and I hope it's on!
My wife went through there today and here's a pic.
View attachment 189025

Thanks for the pic.

Everyone, is that the transformer pad on the right of the photo? Sure looks like it might be and there's no transformer there.

Xlpro, you might confirm there's a transformer and a meter. Those are always the last things to go into the site.

Good luck!

Sorry for your trouble -- I am sure it is aggravating to arrive with the anticipation of Supercharging and getting squat.

Looks like this location might NOT yet be activated.
I checked on the NAV screen in my car, and it does not show up.

But, IIRC when I went to Ardmore and Lindale they were not yet on my NAV screen.
And sometimes stuff just happens.

You might have checked a couple of different pylons while you were there to see if any of them might be active.
Last resort might be to call Tesla in Fremont and report/ask if it is actually supposed to be "ALIVE" yet.

Is there a business close by that you could call prior to driving to that location (for next time)?
Oh, it was fine. I didn't plan on them being online; I stayed overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn in Abilene (HPWC). It was on the way, though, so I figured I would pop by. I had people following me and was on a bit of a schedule so I decided not to check each unit (but the thought did cross my mind!).

Sweetwater was half of the ones I've been waiting two years for (Junction being the other). And of course, it will come online within weeks of me moving to San Antonio, lol. I'll at least have it and Cisco when I make my last trip back to Lubbock when my house sells.

Reactions: Justicepool
Thanks for the pic.

Everyone, is that the transformer pad on the right of the photo? Sure looks like it might be and there's no transformer there.

Xlpro, you might confirm there's a transformer and a meter. Those are always the last things to go into the site.

Good luck!

Yep, at the very far right end of the photos, sure looks to be the stub-up conduits for the Transformer.
Gotta have the transformer and the meter before the whole location can come alive.

Illuminated red "TESLA" letters on the top of each tower is a dead give-away.
No lit letters, NO power.

Hopefully Soon...?

I was there on Friday and found no power as you all did. I called Tesla and confirmed the site was not yet turned on. Tesla said it takes a lot of approvals to get a site turned on and the power company has to turn on the power. I did not plan for that so I had to find a RV Park which I did - no problem. Thanks to some real nice people at Chapparal RV Park . supercharge.info should stop marking sites 'ready' based on hearsay. Tesla will let us know when it's turned on.

Notice this one has officially been reverted to "construction" on supercharge.info after being set to "open" a few days ago!

"officially"?

Again - supercharge.info is nothing more than a reflection of what is written in these threads. There's NOTHING official about it. It's a great site that simply reflects what people post on these threads (for the most part).

Yup - supercharge.info is a great site. I use it all the time. But official or not I'm sure they want their information to be as accurate as possible. And the desk clerk knew nothing about the status - couldn't someone at least let her know what's going on? Or maybe even hang a status sign in the area?

Don't y'all wonder where the crews for Sweetwater and Cisco went? I have fantasies of them leapfrogging ever westward on I-10 or even... dare I say it?... toward Lubbock. It's not hunting season yet, is it? Kind of out of touch out here in the soggy NW.

Don't y'all wonder where the crews for Sweetwater and Cisco went? I have fantasies of them leapfrogging ever westward on I-10 or even... dare I say it?... toward Lubbock. It's not hunting season yet, is it? Kind of out of touch out here in the soggy NW.

I have thought the exact same thing, I'm hoping they're moving to the last 2 sites on I-20 and then they'll move back Southeast towards San Antonio on I-10!!!

Or maybe... They could start in El Paso, and then have a race to see whether they get to Tucson or San Antonio first.

There should be a significant ceremony when they finally finish I-10 as it would be the first and only transcontinental route that doesn't require snow tires and/or chains year-round.

Of course, at this rate, they'll complete the Alaskan Highway from Kamloops first.

I stopped by Sweetwater on Sunday morning, and no luck! The Transformer is missing! I had to charge at the Hilton Garden Inn on Sunday night! Arrgh! 40amps @ 208 Volts - slow! Hopefully they'll get it opened soon!
IMG_3647-1.JPG
IMG_3646.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3647.JPG
    IMG_3647.JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
On Supercharger | Tesla I count 13 more Superchargers coming to Texas this year. My eyeballing could be off slightly. I10, I20, the coast (gets my hooray!), and one or two more around Houston & Dallas. If my count is right that at least doubles what Texas has today!

Nothing for Lubbock this year.
You have a lot more faith in the map than is warranted. The 2014 and 2015 maps didn't come close to being complete in those years. Consider it more aspirational than informational.

On Supercharger | Tesla I count 13 more Superchargers coming to Texas this year. My eyeballing could be off slightly. I10, I20, the coast (gets my hooray!), and one or two more around Houston & Dallas. If my count is right that at least doubles what Texas has today!

Nothing for Lubbock this year.

Right, here's what I see and associated rumors:
  • Cisco - almost open, lacks a lighting standard
  • Sweetwater - Supercharger construction complete, lacks a transformer and meter
  • Midland - Potential location already identified, should be in permitting stage
  • Pecos - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • Ft Stockton - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • Ozona - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • Junction - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • San Antonio - Will hopefully come with new Service Center
  • Pleasonton - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • Calallen - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • Riviera - Potential permit phase, no other info
  • Arlington - Permitting complete, awaiting construction
  • Which one am I missing?
Hopefully many of these will start soon in order to complete by the end of 2016!