Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sweetwater, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calallen makes more sense than Corpus Christi proper, its where I37 and I69/hwy77 intersect so would be conducive to trips to the Space X launch site near Brownsville.

There's a few locations with HPWCs around CC, including the La Palmera mall, so you're able to charge in town.

Calallen makes more sense than Corpus Christi proper, its where I37 and I69/hwy77 intersect so would be conducive to trips to the Space X launch site near Brownsville.

There's a few locations with HPWCs around CC, including the La Palmera mall, so you're able to charge in town.

Even though I'm far away, I couldn't help looking at the map. There's one very self-evident location in Calallen, shopping area right at the above intersection, several eating areas and a few shopping areas. Google Maps

Any TX sleuths want to look for a permit?

Even though I'm far away, I couldn't help looking at the map. There's one very self-evident location in Calallen, shopping area right at the above intersection, several eating areas and a few shopping areas. Google Maps

Any TX sleuths want to look for a permit?

Yep, there's around where I hope it'll go as it's easy on/easy off. I'm down there quite a bit, it's the route to my sister's place which is just off 624(Northwest Blvd) about 15 miles to the west.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Nice, Sweetwater and Cisco both operational. I'll keep checking on the Midland location to see when a permit is pulled.

If you know something about a location in Midland -- cool.

I think Odessa might be more realistic: 129 miles from Sweetwater.
Midland is a mere 107 miles from Sweetwater.

Onward to El Paso!!!
Maybe another tandem pair of Superchargers being constructed?

Last edited:
I think Odessa might be more realistic: 129 miles from Sweetwater.
Midland is a mere 107 miles from Sweetwater.

Midland is suspected as the location due to the supercharger host in Cisco also owning a Flying Js in Midland.

3302 Garden City Highway
Midland, TX US 79706

This wouldn't be the first time that Tesla short staggered their Superchargers... Holbrook-Gallup is ~95 miles; Then there's the Santa Rosa, Tucumcari, Vegas Triangle that's ~70 miles on a leg...

Uh; Even thinking about the Supercharger in Las Vegas NM makes me angry... who ever picked that spot... I hate you.

Nice, Sweetwater and Cisco both operational. I'll keep checking on the Midland location to see when a permit is pulled.

Where do you look for that?

image.jpg
Looks like they're both up!!
Now I can finally go to DFW!! Thank you Tesla SuperCharger Team!!

View attachment 190900 Looks like they're both up!!
Now I can finally go to DFW!! Thank you Tesla SuperCharger Team!!

xlpro - I see you're in Lubbock. Wondering if you have any advice to offer someone who's planning to go from Cisco to Amarillo? Seems like my 90D might make it if I drive slow but having a backup option for some extra juice would sure be nice. Plugshare shows almost nothing along the route. I see an RV park and a Nissan dealer. Any local secrets?

xlpro - I see you're in Lubbock. Wondering if you have any advice to offer someone who's planning to go from Cisco to Amarillo? Seems like my 90D might make it if I drive slow but having a backup option for some extra juice would sure be nice. Plugshare shows almost nothing along the route. I see an RV park and a Nissan dealer. Any local secrets?

Did you use RVParking.com in addition to PlugShare? PlugShare is very light on RV parks.

Chiming in with jerry33's suggestion:

There are several RV Parks near Lubbock.

Buffalo Springs Lake
(806) 747-3353

Camelot Village RV and MHP
(806) 792-6477

Loop 289 RV Park
(806) 792-4348

Lubbock KOA
(806) 762-8653

Lubbock RV Park, INC
(806) 747-2366

It is not just the distance of 245 miles from Sweetwater, it is the wind and the Elevation change.
Cross winds impact range also.

And extra hour to 90 minutes supplemental charging at an RV park (while enjoying local take out lunch) certainly would give you a bit of extra comfort factor.
And a bit of "easy does it" driving on the open road.

Have a great trip!

Also check plugshare... there's at least one MS owner with a 80A HPWC in/near Lubbock.

Reactions: jimmy_d