Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Swift Current, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swift Current.JPG
Based on photo evidence, it appears to be the southwest side of the road that runs behind Burger King to between Safeway and Staples. It looks like the other side of the curbing that lines the southwest side of road opposite side from Burger King, so basically about as far from Safeway and Staples as they can get and still be in the parking lot.

Between when street view was taken and when the Maps overhead and this photo was taken, the parking lot appears to have gained more floodlights, closer to the Mall.

Considering the bases and conduit appear to be installed, why is this still just a blue dot on supercharge.info?

Last edited:
Considering the bases and conduit appear to be installed, why is this still just a blue dot on supercharge.info?
It's shocking, I know, but the editors of Supercharge.info aren't actually omniscient. ;) They wait until someone actually finds and shares evidence of construction that is either definitively or recognizably Tesla/supercharger related before changing the map.

(BTW, given that the comment above yours was from someone with editor privileges saying that they had updated the site, it's likely that you just weren't seeing the cone because you were looking at an outdated version of the map. Might have just needed to refresh the cache)

Reactions: SammichLover
They must be waiting for the entire TC-1 to be built before energizing. I don’t get it. Whitewood, Regina, MJ, swift current, Davidson(?) are all built and ready. They just need to flip the switch.

Flip the switch! Please!

Maybe they will do it tomorrow and announce it on the conference call....

Reactions: PStewart
Not much point in adding Trans Canada SC without Medicine Hat and Bassano? So far reports are the pedestals are not there. I did note from a photo the pedestals had been dropped off with the other boxes at Prawda.

So either you're right, Saskatchewan Island Super-Charging goes live or else they are waiting to turn on the whole trans-Canada at once. (I hope we're not waiting for Ignace and Thunder Bay...)

I'm super excited about Calgary to Moose Jaw being completed as most of the fam is back in Saskatchewan and I can get to them by this route without a long charging stop. My two previous trips since buying my S 90D have been through Edmonton, with looooong stops in Vermillion and North Battleford on the way to Saskatoon. Thank you Peavey Mart, but I hope I'll never have to use you again :)

Flip the switch!

Ah Swift Current, could there be a better location name to install V3 Superchargers?

And don't forget the Elon Musk connection:;)

It was 1989 when Mark Teulon first met his 17-year-old cousin.
The boy came all the way from South Africa to stay at Teulon’s farm near Waldeck, a village east of Swift Current. He spent a mere six weeks on the farm, but it was enough to give Teulon the impression that he was a little sharper than your average teenager.
“He was a pretty smart guy,” says Teulon. “We had that figured out pretty quick.”
His cousin, who celebrated his 18th birthday on the farm, was Elon Musk.
Yes, that Elon Musk.

https://leaderpost.com/feature/elon-musk-inherited-a-lifetime-of-adventure-from-his-sask-family

I'm likely leaving Calgary December 20 and returning January 2. I'd be happy to buy, borrow, or rent a CHAdeMO adapter. They look to be out of stock new - I got my Model S in May and this is the first time I've looked into it. Something tells me I'm in the right place and just need to dig a little deeper around here...