Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syosset, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What came of Hicksville? Prowling 811 dig and found this from a year ago for 160 Walt Whitman Rd (At the mall):

upload_2017-11-11_18-53-5.png

The chargers at the Walt Whitman mall are not superchargers and further, they're constantly in use for employee & demo cars. So don't even consider this one as accessible to the public.

Long Island is really lacking in Superchargers. The Syosset SC is next to useless as there are only 4 available (when they're all functioning) and almost always all in use with service cars. So I'd never consider this one a viable location either.

Reactions: wesley888 and X Fan
So there are 3 Superchargers that were scheduled for operation by the end of 2017. We're very close to the end of 2017 and there hasn't been a word about any of these that leads me to believe there are significant delays.

Does anyone have any kind of update for the Hicksville, Islandia and Manorville Supercharger locations? It amazes me how sparse Superchargers are on L.I.

Just an update after calling Tesla regarding these 3 ‘by the end of 2017’ SC locations. The SC map has just been revised in the last couple of days to now show, ‘by the end of 2018’. :(
At least they are updating to be realistic and are not just going to let the map be a ghost town. Thank you for calling.

Hopefully Hicksville or Wantagh is open by this time next year.

Used this SC over Christmas weekend on the way out to my parents. Managed 108 Amps and over 300 miles/hr charge rate and all 3/4 were free when we arrived. One driver left and 2 arrived while we were there and there was at least 1 station open the entire time we were there. Fairly convenient location near LIE, but nothing in the area really except the SC.

Good news for Long Islanders. It seems that Tesla will be building a large sales facility in Smithtown, at the long abandoned Sixth Ave Electronics store. I’m hoping this would also include a service facility. Given the size of this site, I wouldn’t be surprised.

That’s the article. Unfortunately no mention made of a service department. The site is certainly big enough to support it.
“A document filed with 1000 Nesconset’s application mentions that the facility would generate solid waste typically associated with ‘auto sales and repairs.’”

There is only one service center on the Island. This is a really big location. The stores and galleries are small usually.

There were always issues here. First, it was usually extremely crowed. Don't remember ever seeing less than 3 stalls taken. Second, I always found the charge rates really slow. Stopped for a service appointment last week and only got 29kw from 40% to 70%. Yes, I was paired but in over 20 minutes it never moved. Not the first time. There was only one or two stalls there that gave a decent rate and it was pot luck if you got them.