Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tahoe City, CA (LIVE Nov 15 2019, 6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
North side of lot ready for pedestals.
IMG_20190905_091532.jpg

South side of lot still a mess. No concrete, lots of conduit
IMG_20190905_091619.jpg

Visited there yesterday. 6 pedestals installed plus one J1772; none working.

Then I noticed that there is no meter yet and I could see 6 empty conduits in an as yet uncovered vault near the transformer enclosure (visible behind the near pedestal).View attachment 463336 View attachment 463337
Hopefully they do a good job plowing the lot so that they can see the HWPC and Supercharger stalls. Otherwise they might get covered once the snow starts up!

We have a transformer! But still no meter... hopefully soon.

View attachment 464685

What you call a transformer sits on the concrete pad that I took to be a vault, inside of which could be seen six 6" conduits with pull tapes. I assumed that three led to paired charger pedestals and three into the transformer enclosure.

Could that box contain switching devices to apportion power to the various pedestals?

What you call a transformer sits on the concrete pad that I took to be a vault, inside of which could be seen six 6" conduits with pull tapes. I assumed that three led to paired charger pedestals and three into the transformer enclosure.

Could that box contain switching devices to apportion power to the various pedestals?
The transformer is the big green box in the center of the photo. The brown enclosure on the right contains all the Tesla charging equipment. Meter is in front.

So that box contains three transformers and three rectifiers? What is inside the much larger wooden enclosure?
No, the utility transformer is taking the 17kV to 22kV distribution line 3-phase power and putting out 480V 3-phase for the Supercharger cabinets. The Supercharger cabinets are variable power rectifiers for charging the cars. The Supercharger cabinets are inside the wooden enclosure.

• Informative
Reactions: brucet999