Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tailem Bend, SA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a super surprise one from Tesla!

6-stall V3 supercharger being installed just outside Tailem Bend. I was a bit confused, it looked like it was at a racetrack in the middle of nowhere, but there is all the regular stuff there like a service station, Hungry Jacks, Wok in a Box etc :)

Photo nicked from Plugshare:

1640524586331.png

Here's a super surprise one from Tesla!

6-stall V3 supercharger being installed just outside Tailem Bend. I was a bit confused, it looked like it was at a racetrack in the middle of nowhere, but there is all the regular stuff there like a service station, Hungry Jacks, Wok in a Box etc :)

Photo nicked from Plugshare:

View attachment 748461

Finally a site built for people who use vehicles 24/7.! Well done Tesla.

I have added to Open Charge Map as "Planned for future date". When it becomes available, please edit to "Operational". Then A Better Route Planner will scrape it

Also submitted to Google Maps, but it will need someone else to confirm that it exists for it to show up.

It exciting to see such a great high level motorsport facility like this in Australia, but I still think the track has zero character, its like being thrown around in a washing machine. Its no Philip Island, Bathurst or even Eastern Creek.
That's not how the drivers feel. By all accounts it had a lot of development put into it to make it a good track to drive. It's very sparse for watching for sure, but the track is amazing. For sure it's not Bathurst but I'd argue it's better than Eastern Creek. Philip Island has some great views for sure but again, as a track, The Bend is pretty awesome.

That's not how the drivers feel. By all accounts it had a lot of development put into it to make it a good track to drive. It's very sparse for watching for sure, but the track is amazing. For sure it's not Bathurst but I'd argue it's better than Eastern Creek. Philip Island has some great views for sure but again, as a track, The Bend is pretty awesome.

Well, I haven't driven on it, so I guess I shoudl reserve judgement until then! But yeah, its doesn't lend itself to television. Philip Island is spectacular both to look at and to drive, its high speed and can be quite frightening at points. Pegging the throttle over Lukey Heights!