Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tannersville, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for anyone going to this spot, all but 1 of the chargers are broken. They won't charge when plugged in. It's been this way for almost a year now and Tesla still hasn't fixed them. It's not just my car either, so its not like something is wrong with my car. I come through here twice a week and I watch cars go from stall to stall then drive off because they are all broke and I'm in the only working spot.

for anyone going to this spot, all but 1 of the chargers are broken. They won't charge when plugged in. It's been this way for almost a year now and Tesla still hasn't fixed them. It's not just my car either, so its not like something is wrong with my car. I come through here twice a week and I watch cars go from stall to stall then drive off because they are all broke and I'm in the only working spot.
Not sure if it will help, I forwarded your post to my Tesla mobile rep. He seemed to know the people in the Supercharger repair team. He mention they were heading to Rehobeth (Lewes) last week when he came by my house and replaced the steering bolts under warranty.

Im not sure about broken for a year. I stopped here back in July & August and didn’t have any issues on my way up Canada and then in the way back. Used two different spots for each leg too. One was around the corner; the other was close to the stores. There was about half a dozen cars there charging along side me. Held a consistent 87-92kw the entire time; stayed for roughly 45min before heading out again.

A0E23469-D687-4F8F-8E66-BA2AE81C1324.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Not sure if it will help, I forwarded your post to my Tesla mobile rep. He seemed to know the people in the Supercharger repair team. He mention they were heading to Rehobeth (Lewes) last week when he came by my house and replaced the steering bolts under warranty.

Is there an issue at the Lewes SuC? I'm heading down to Bethany this weekend so would be good to know if its working.

I was in Tannersville during Christmas, and the Airbnb host didn't provide any way for me to charge the car, so the only way to feed the car would be using the Super Charger. While all stalls at Tannersville work, I notice the charge started at 24 ~ 28kw no matter what the SoC is, and it took 10 to 15 minutes to ramp up to full speed, and the speed tapered off around 72kw.

I first thought the problem was my car given I have changed to different stalls to see if there were dodgy stalls. I also saw other Model X's switching stalls just like mine and I suspected they experienced similar issue.

On the other hand, a Model 3 I saw was able to get to 100+kw charging speed pretty quickly, so I don't know what's special about the SC there.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I was in Tannersville during Christmas, and the Airbnb host didn't provide any way for me to charge the car, so the only way to feed the car would be using the Super Charger. While all stalls at Tannersville work, I notice the charge started at 24 ~ 28kw no matter what the SoC is, and it took 10 to 15 minutes to ramp up to full speed, and the speed tapered off around 72kw.

I first thought the problem was my car given I have changed to different stalls to see if there were dodgy stalls. I also saw other Model X's switching stalls just like mine and I suspected they experienced similar issue.

On the other hand, a Model 3 I saw was able to get to 100+kw charging speed pretty quickly, so I don't know what's special about the SC there.
Could be a cold battery.
How many miles had you driven before you plugged in?

Reactions: jaguar36
Could be a cold battery.
How many miles had you driven before you plugged in?

I have tried with 27% SoC as well as 50% SoC, and temperature was around 29F at Tannersville. When I supercharged at Harrisonburg, my battery was at 31%, and the temperature was 30F.
What I meant was how many miles had you driven on your way to the supercharger.
If you battery was real cold, driving say 10 miles is not enough to heat it up fully.
30 or more miles may be required depending on conditions to get the maximum charge rate.

What I meant was how many miles had you driven on your way to the supercharger.
If you battery was real cold, driving say 10 miles is not enough to heat it up fully.
30 or more miles may be required depending on conditions to get the maximum charge rate.

That's some good thoughts. I cannot quite remember how many miles I drove right before I plugged in, but I would suspect somewhere between 12 to 20 miles.