Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tappahannock, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Today I stopped by a Supercharger that is currently under construction and I got wind of a new one that will be built in Tappahannock, Virginia. I looked for utility tickets at the Sheetz in Tappahannock and sure enough, there is one by Leading Edge Services. The ticket is from October, and I got the impression that this Supercharger may already be under construction and that it will be V3.

The address of the Sheetz is: 1804 Tappahannock Blvd, Tappahannock, VA 22560.

Tappahannock is under construction, and the transformer and meter are already there. Although the Tesla cabinets are covered, they are bolted to the slab and look to be installed. There is a new pole installed directly behind where the stalls will go, but there are no lines to it yet.
transformer.jpg
cabinets.jpg
meter.jpg
stalls.jpg
pole.jpg

Today I stopped by a Supercharger that is currently under construction and I got wind of a new one that will be built in Tappahannock, Virginia. I looked for utility tickets at the Sheetz in Tappahannock and sure enough, there is one by Leading Edge Services. The ticket is from October, and I got the impression that this Supercharger may already be under construction and that it will be V3.

The address of the Sheetz is: 1804 Tappahannock Blvd, Tappahannock, VA 22560.
paging @Chuq @MarcoRP

Tappahannock, VA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-17, US-360
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-17

To: Fredericksburg, VA - 48.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: End (US-11/50/522 Winchester, VA) - 133.7 miles

US-360

To: End (Reedville (VA-644), VA) - 41 miles
Diversion: 0 miles

Twofer on a concurrency of US-17 and US-360.

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
I stopped by here today around 4pm and to my surprise the team from Tesla was there working on the site. I said hello and one of them asked if I needed to charge, I said no, but he told me I could if I wanted. The other technician walked over and said he was all finished and was about to move his Model S to each stall to test, and asked if I'd like to be the first person to Supercharge here. Of course I accepted. I was able to successfully Supercharge, and reached 69 kW during my quick test, although I arrived at around 50% SoC. He said this location should appear in the car navigation tomorrow some time.

These guys were very nice, and one mentioned that he'd heard there were forums where Tesla fans keep track of Supercharger progress. I confirmed that. :)

tappahannock.jpg

It also already appears on ABRP. Perhaps ABRP automatically polls Tesla for their supercharger locations.

In my first attempt to route through the SC for a round trip to my aunt's house, it didn't work. Then I added it as a waypoint. Then I removed the waypoint and tried again. It then routed me through the Tappahannock SC. Just a 15 minute charge will get me there and back now without the nail biting of trying to get back to the Fredericksburg charger. Nice.

Reactions: jthompson