Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tarrytown, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could not be better situated, just beside the northbound VFR reporting point for HPN.:cool:
OK, possibly I spent too much time in that precise area while I was learning to fly.
Regardless, this Supercharger is one I'll visit regularly.

This is great but selfishly I wish they were heading further West on I-80.
Yes, more or less PA, NE, WY are all that is missing to travel NYC-SFO on I80, and that is the traditional summer driving route. We are missing only about eight supercharging installations to make that route an everyday practical choice. Tesla has been filling in I80 gaps along the way, but these three states are not trivial.

Yes, more or less PA, NE, WY are all that is missing to travel NYC-SFO on I80, and that is the traditional summer driving route. We are missing only about eight supercharging installations to make that route an everyday practical choice. Tesla has been filling in I80 gaps along the way, but these three states are not trivial.

The ones they are missing are mostly in rural areas with few Teslas - which makes them the kind of locations that tend to pop up on Tesla maps fully completed before we hear anything about them. They could be under construction as we speak (or not.)

Tarrytown, NY

Interstates: I-87
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-9

I-87:
To: Newburgh, NY - 33.4 miles
Diversion: 13.6 miles (shorter, faster route is through Paramus, NJ)
To: Kingston, NY - 81.5 miles
From: Binghamton, NY (I-81, I-86, NY-17, I-87): 172 miles

To: Lee, MA (NY 987D, NY 987G, I-90) - 122 miles
To: Rutland, VT (NY 987D, NY 987G, NY-295, NY-5, US-20, NY-22, NY-7, US-7) - 209 miles

Tarrytown, NY

Interstates: I-87
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-9

I-87:
To: Newburgh, NY - 33.4 miles
Diversion: 13.6 miles (shorter, faster route is through Paramus, NJ)
To: Kingston, NY - 81.5 miles
From: Binghamton, NY (I-81, I-86, NY-17, I-87): 172 miles

To: Lee, MA (NY 987D, NY 987G, I-90) - 122 miles
To: Rutland, VT (NY 987D, NY 987G, NY-295, NY-5, US-20, NY-22, NY-7, US-7) - 209 miles

As usual, your calculations are illuminating. Think you you could provide figures over on the Charleston WV thread?

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

Thanks...

I stopped by today. Construction is underway...
IMG_2223.jpg