Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tarrytown, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrical meter has been installed. It should be open any day now...

IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg

I was there twice last weekend and only saw one other Tesla. Curious that charging was faster second time than first, given that temp and SoC were roughy the same and both times unshared. Second time I used restroom and relaxed in the lobby of the Sheraton whose lot the SpC station resides. It was nice.

My wife stopped at the the Tarrytown Supercharger on the way back from Foxwoods. At Foxwoods she used Chargepoint but ony receice 8 miles per hour. She stopped at the SuperCharger in Milford, CT (South) was only getting 84 miles per hour. But at the Tarrytown Supercharger she received ...

31582140882_297cb3318a_b.jpg

Reactions: jbcarioca
My wife stopped at the the Tarrytown Supercharger on the way back from Foxwoods. At Foxwoods she used Chargepoint but ony receice 8 miles per hour. She stopped at the SuperCharger in Milford, CT (South) was only getting 84 miles per hour. But at the Tarrytown Supercharger she received ...

31582140882_297cb3318a_b.jpg
I noticed that you get more kWh/hr if you are not sharing the same charger with another car. Typically, I get a full charge in about 40-50 minutes.

very excited! This is only 15 minutes from my home and my son goes to the school around the corner so I'll be there a lot. There's a Stop and Shop at that mall correct?

Please be mindful that if you live nearby a Supercharger and have access to charging at your residence you shouldn't be charging at a Supercharger. This isn't an issue currently but it may be in a few years.

Reactions: Enadler
I stopped by today to replenish some electrons and was SHOCKED to see how many cars were there at 2:30 PM -- on a weekday!! on a weekend, I get it.. sunday drives and all.. but on a weekday? don't people have jobs???

i've had mostly sub-par experiences at this supercharger location but it is rather convenient from NYC so I visit every now and again. I will say, driving up 87 and seeing the sky-diving center in Yonkers w\ the SCer nearby.. I NEARLY did hard swerve.. but I held the course.. and learned that the tolls on 87 start just above Yonkers.. oops.

I was plugged into stall 4B and my initial ramp up was only to 72 kW but after I stopped into the starbucks to get a cup of coffee I returned and found the car charging at 83 kW which made happy. still it was nowhere near the 118 kW I hope to get at every SCer.

interestingly however.. i'm looking at my TeslaFi stats and I see max volts and amps to be 403 V x 228.49 Amps or 92.08 kW

which is not terrible.. but not great.

a Model X owner charging next to me in 4A knocked on my window complaining of a slow charge rate.. although I don't really understand miles per hr of charge as well as I understand kW so I wasn't much help when he said i'm lonely getting 150 miles per hour of charge ... I tied to explain (when he mentioned that he had pulled into the spot after I had) that he was probably getting a less than optimal charge rate b/c we are sharing a transformer.. but he was all like "I have heard different things.." and "i'm plugged into an A slot" .. and I was like.. "well.. it doesn't matter..." but wasn't having it.. so I rolled up my window and kept drinking my coffee and listening to my audiobook. he switched to stall 3A at some point after the M3 parked on the other side of me pulled away.. so I can only hope his speed improved. he had a nice wrap on his Model X..

I added 187 miles in 57 minutes of charge. I had not intended to stay that long but whatever... my audio book was really good.

on a sad note my car is now charging to 237 RM at 90% instead of 238 (or the 241/242 RM that I used to constantly get once upon a time.)

but I have had the car for nearly 3.5 years.. so my range isn't bad.

also.. the renovations at the Sheraton are complete.. they now have a proper full fledged Starbucks rather than just a kiosk like they used to have. it opened "about 2 months ago" according to the barista.. they were out of brownies and are just a franchise so no mugs and other starbucks stuff, but the coffee is what you'd expect.