Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tauranga

Gene_nos

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
if you have a few hours the charger at the Clarence in town is free and on 3phase so charges my Model S at 10-12KWH and means free parking close to town

khayyam

Jun 26, 2019
Auckland
With the slowness of the superchargers coming online, and the new chargenet "hyperchargers" seemingly offering similar speed, I wonder if the supercharger network is going to be superseded.

Matt_NZ

Jun 7, 2019
New Zealand
If Tesla were to bring the V3 Superchargers to NZ for the new locations then a Tesla would be able to charge faster on them than the Hyperchargers. I haven't seen why, but on third party chargers we're limited to a max of 200kW however Model 3 and new Raven S & X cars can get 250kW on a V3 Supercharger.

However, since Tesla NZ/AU seems to have no intention of bringing V3 to NZ (all planned Superchargers, such as this Tauranga site are planned to be V2) it would be nice if they could remove that third party limitation.

Ecoli

Aug 6, 2019
New Zealand
If Tesla were to bring the V3 Superchargers to NZ for the new locations then a Tesla would be able to charge faster on them than the Hyperchargers. I haven't seen why, but on third party chargers we're limited to a max of 200kW however Model 3 and new Raven S & X cars can get 250kW on a V3 Supercharger.

However, since Tesla NZ/AU seems to have no intention of bringing V3 to NZ (all planned Superchargers, such as this Tauranga site are planned to be V2) it would be nice if they could remove that third party limitation.
Well that's disappointing news. if that is the case I wonder if we are going ending up with old supercharges that are being replaced with V3 from other electrically compatible countries, or old stock

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC