Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Taxi Overuse - What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These guys have a terrible reputation in Kelowna for this.
Every single time I head to the supercharger, they’re using at minimum 4 of the stalls, oftentimes cars are parked waiting. Not to mention they’re inconsiderate to the charging dos and dont’s, oftentimes parking directly beside you even though they could stagger making charging more efficient.
The other day I was parked here, a current taxi pulled up directly beside me even though there were two spots available. I unplugged, and moved over to take advantage of the faster charging. They were all laughing about it.
It’s very very common to see current taxis idling here throughout the day, not leaving room for independent owners.
Their agreement is totally fabricated. They have an agreement to horde the trickle chargers at best western, not the Tesla chargers.
They were laughing because first car to arrive to gets priority anyway so them parking beside you, does not effect your speed... it is totally fine. You are the one doing it wrong..

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
They were laughing because first car to arrive to gets priority anyway so them parking beside you, does not effect your speed... it is totally fine. You are the one doing it wrong..
Sharing power at paired stalls is still an issue at v2 Supercharger locations. Just last weekend, I was charging at over 130 kW when a new Model Y pulled in and parked at a shared stall. My charge rate instantly dropped below 100 kW. I moved my car to the next stall over and it jumped right back up to 130 kW.

At the next Supercharger stop, I chatted with the new Model Y owner and explained how pairing works on v2 Superchargers. I saw him pull in at multiple Supercharger locations throughout the rest of the day and he did a good job checking to ensure he wouldn't slow down cars that were already Supercharging.

Sharing power at paired stalls is still an issue at v2 Supercharger locations. Just last weekend, I was charging at over 130 kW when a new Model Y pulled in and parked at a shared stall. My charge rate instantly dropped below 100 kW. I moved my car to the next stall over and it jumped right back up to 130 kW.

At the next Supercharger stop, I chatted with the new Model Y owner and explained how pairing works on v2 Superchargers. I saw him pull in at multiple Supercharger locations throughout the rest of the day and he did a good job checking to ensure he wouldn't slow down cars that were already Supercharging.
I did some reading.. I stand corrected. First car got priority with 120Kw chargers... Since they upgraded them to 150kw that feature seems to be gone. Too bad, cause it makes perfect sense to me.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3