Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. On a recent road trip from Sacramento to LA, I took the 5 because of the dearth of chargers along the 99, which would normally be my preferred route. Add some chargers along the 99 and you’d see a lot more Tesla’s along that route.

The addition of the one at Visalia once it is complete will be somewhat of an improvement but I think we need something at Bakersfield on the 99 atleast to make it more appealing to drive on going down to LA.

Stopped by today around 1:30 to charge and grab a bite to eat. 4 stalls open when I arrived, all full and a short line when I left 20 min later.

At least 1 stall non functional with the plug hung over the post (Tesla really needs a better way to indicate a stall is out of order and/or functional).

I was not getting full speed despite not being paired, only 60 kW max. I did not need full speed, though, so I didn't bother trying a different stall.

Moderator note: A discussion of active Supercharger sites (including Tejon Ranch) sometimes not showing on the in-car nav system has been moved to a new thread here:

Bruce.

So - I noticed that I basically always have issues with the mobile app when I'm around the Tejon Ranch Supercharger - the car either never updates or is very slow. TeslaMate also often has problems logging data consistently around this area.

A Model S owner said the same thing. Anyone else notice? This has been the last few months...

So - I noticed that I basically always have issues with the mobile app when I'm around the Tejon Ranch Supercharger - the car either never updates or is very slow. TeslaMate also often has problems logging data consistently around this area.

A Model S owner said the same thing. Anyone else notice? This has been the last few months...

Connection issues have always been a problem for me at this location. I suspect it has something to do with the wireless carrier(ATT&T) cell signal.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and 1100MCM

Same issue with the car's LTE but works fine using a t-mobile hotspot.

The last stall in the corner under the shade maxed out at 70 kW.

Stopped by there yesterday and it was a zoo. About 1/2 of the charging stations were inoperative so the arrivals had to find ones that did work. Needless to say there were a lot of times when 2 cars wanted the same slot. Some draped the cord over the charger frame but most of the time not. It was tricky finding a good one.

Just a heads up for people coming or leaving LA.

any idea what happende to tejon? a few weeks back the car listed the entire area (72 or however many!) as offline. seems 1/2 are ok now?
I think you guys are talking about the wrong location as this is the original not the expansion location. You can find that thread here.

Reactions: 1100MCM
I had a miraculous Supercharging session here last night at a 25% occupied site on a 94F day at around 6pm. Our 11/13 built S85 would peak at at 128kW under the right conditions for a few seconds before quickly settling down in the low 90s. The typical SOC + kW I'd see is around 100-110; Supercharging sessions take twice as long from 20%-80% compared to the pre-2019 software updates so I've become accustomed to charging from 10%-70% for my own sanity. Well, I plugged in with a little regret since the stall, plug, and cord were baking in the sun...but I hit 134kW for the first time and it sustained well above 100kW for about 5 minutes. I was so impressed that I took a picture. Unfortunately when I arrived at an empty V3 site in Tustin with a 10% SOC, I could replicate the experience and maxed at 98kW before settling in the 70s about a minute later.

Anyways, this is my preferred Supercharging site when going southbound on I-5. It's just 2 easy right-handers to get to the chargers, decent eating/snacking options, and hoping back on the highway is a breeze. When headed northbound or if the site is very crowded, I would lean towards the larger site at the outlets across the highway.

Car has the original battery pack that is pretty much 10 years old with 131K miles.

Attachments

• tempImage8jeMmg.png
    tempImage8jeMmg.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: Doug Martoccia