Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if expansion requires temporary closure, then it likely isn't going to involve a second site on the other side of the highway, as others thought. What are the odds they're just going to make that little separate parking area 100% superchargers? That would be around 24 spots.

Thanks for posting that. I’ve changed the thread title. With Buttonwillow, Bakersfield, and the new Santa Clarita Supercharger now operational, hopefully this temporary closure at Tejon won’t inconvenience to many people
I was charging in Bakersfield on Wednesday when a Tesla-arranged flatbed wrecker “delivered” a Harris Ranch refugee to charge and continue the trip north.

NOW OPEN!

Friday morning heading north on I-5 Tajon was closed. While driving south on I-5 overnight from near Sacramento to San Diego I saw that it was open with one car charging. I may have been able to make Santa Clarita, maybe not, but before Bakersfield I saw that someone was charging there and it was open on the GPS. Therefore I skipped Bakersfield and got there. At 4:32 am. this morning still one car charging (they left while we were there). Got more than enough electrons to get us to Redondo Beach Supercharger.

There was still the temp fence around it but the gate on both sides was open. Was able to get full charge (for a 75D that is limited to 96kw).

• Funny
Reactions: McManX
What we know:
  • They're temporarily closing the site - could mean upgrading power supply, or rebuilding site physically
  • The fact that it is closing tells us they aren't (a) rebuilding the site elsewhere (b) building on the opposite side of the highway (otherwise they would do these first before closing down the only other site in the area)
  • The current site won't fit more than 24 stalls
What we don't know:
  • How long it's being closed for - an upgrade could be a few days, a rebuild obviously much longer
In any case, it is expected that solar (and probably battery) will play a part here. If it was just adding more stalls, that could be done without shutting down the site completely.

What suck about this one going offline is that for those with 70Khw or lower, coming in from south OC or Inland Empire, that makes Santa Clarita a highly needing to stop location. Because the next available would be Bakerfields or Buttonwillow.

Natural spot for truck mega charger as well as more stalls. Will need one on the other side of the Grapevine as well.
While Lebec is indeed an obvious spot for a future Tesla Semi “Megacharger”, the specific location of the current Supercharger is clearly not that site, it’s too small.

What suck about this one going offline is that for those with 70Khw or lower, coming in from south OC or Inland Empire, that makes Santa Clarita a highly needing to stop location. Because the next available would be Bakerfields or Buttonwillow.
And I suspect that is why the Tejon Supercharger “renovation” or whatever one wants to call it did not start before Santa Clarita became operational. But now that it is, even a Model S 60 can easily make it from Santa Clarita to the Bakersfield Supercharger since it’s only 86 miles.

I did a drive by last night. Definitely has the look of an expansion.

The bad news is that I'm guessing it will be down for a couple months or so.

The good news is that when it re-opens, it should have many more stalls, maybe 20 or so?

I still don't really get why *everyone* always seemed to want to stop here when there are so many other options, but an expansion should alleviate some of that pressure.

I miss that Yogurtland. :(
Firehouse subs is much better! Finally a good lunch option.

I still don't really get why *everyone* always seemed to want to stop here when there are so many other options, but an expansion should alleviate some of that pressure.
I like it because it reminds me of the service plazas on the east coast toll roads.
Plus it’s a stop just before the last leg on my trip to LA.