Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can check the nav in your car regarding Teton availability and even call Tesla and ask. That is the best source for real time info on stall status. Even if someone had posted here that they were there hours ago, or yesterday, their info could be out of date.

Thanks. I just check on my nav and shows 4 of 22 (or was it 24) stalls in use. Amazing to see stall available when we have to have valets at the local Superchargers

I am not trying to be argumentative, Fan. But the last three times that I called Tesla [(877)798-3752], the options from the recorded message are of no use. I guess which number to hit, and after 15(!) minutes, I just hang up. I do not want to burn minutes, nor keep half an ear open for someone to get on the line. In years past, the help desk for Supercharging questions has not been of much benefit. They just regurgitate the Company line: Paired stalls deliver less power; higher state of charge receives less power; we see nothing unusual on our end with Location Z (even though a stall is black.)

Maybe you have another phone number or some magic dust! :)
Yeah the Roadside Assistance hotline has been nearly worthless since the 3 was released. You either wait on hold for an hour, wait on hold for 10 minutes, then leave a call back number, then (hopefully!) get a call back in an hour, or you call in the middle of the night. The latter is the only option I've been using as I'm often driving late at night, but it isn't useful for most people and it isn't useful for any urgent need I have during the day.

Thanks. I just check on my nav and shows 4 of 22 (or was it 24) stalls in use. Amazing to see stall available when we have to have valets at the local Superchargers
I don’t know where you are located in California, but Tejon is a rather remote location and it doesn’t surprise me that only 4 stalls were shown as in use when you checked in the car nav. Usage at a Supercharger like Tejon is going to be sporadic, and I5 south of Sacramento and north of LA now has a huge number of Supercharger stalls available: well over 100 I think.

I don’t know where you are located in California, but Tejon is a rather remote location and it doesn’t surprise me that only 4 stalls were shown as in use when you checked in the car nav. Usage at a Supercharger like Tejon is going to be sporadic, and I5 south of Sacramento and north of LA now has a huge number of Supercharger stalls available: well over 100 I think.

Good to know. Looks like we are postponing until Saturday. And with getting to an outlet mall mall after noon on Saturday I am a little concerned about the crowd, or getting ICEd since some of the stalls are not reserved for Tesla's only.

BTW, I am located in NorCal, Pleasanton to be specific, near the Dublin SC at the corner of 580/680. The poor Supercharger there is quite crowded. They with valets managing charging during business hours.

Kettleman has an in n out as well

The only way the Kettleman super-duper-Tesla-supercharger facility could be better is if the lounge area inside had its own In-n-Out Burger joint. Alas, one has to stop at the In-n-Out first and then head over to charge. In lieu of that, Boring Company could create a 10-second underground Hyperloop ride between the supercharger lounge and the In-n-Out counter. That would suffice.

The only way the Kettleman super-duper-Tesla-supercharger facility could be better is if the lounge area inside had its own In-n-Out Burger joint. Alas, one has to stop at the In-n-Out first and then head over to charge. In lieu of that, Boring Company could create a 10-second underground Hyperloop ride between the supercharger lounge and the In-n-Out counter. That would suffice.
Word

Maybe in an out could just organize a delivery service with a small charge. Or maybe there is a local doordash that one could organize with. Some locations like this in and out could setup mobile ordering. That would be great, swing by and simply pickup order. I'm sure the kettleman starbucks has mobile order and pay.

Maybe in an out could just organize a delivery service with a small charge. Or maybe there is a local doordash that one could organize with. Some locations like this in and out could setup mobile ordering. That would be great, swing by and simply pickup order. I'm sure the kettleman starbucks has mobile order and pay.
The Kettleman City In-N-Out restaurant has a drive thru window. Load up and head to the supercharger

Yeah they call it a drive thru :)
I've been to those in-N-out drive throughs. I could basically buy a BBQ from a nearby walmart, make a 2nd stop at a supermarket in another town, get the fire going, have a beer and have my hand made burger done before the line at the IN-N-OUT drive through is done.

Only benefit I see there is, the car would be FULLY charged.

;-)