Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I stopped by here on the 2nd of September the only slots in use were under the shade. Seeing as how there was still a pair left, I too parked under the shade, having my own A to an empty B (or the other way around -- I forget). When we came back out of the Firehouse Sub place, all the slots but one were taken in the shade with all the other non-shady slots wide open. People were pairing up with charging sets and slowing everyone up rather than park in the sun. Thanks folks. Below is a 360 view of the charging at this location -- complete with a zillion open stalls. It was 91 degrees outside. That's not really hot for this region.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oqQ4YyDVgT4HuB8CA

Reactions: Tam
I am driving from SoCal to NorCal today. I noted yesterday a couple of times that all (24 of 24) of the stalls were in use at Tajon Ranch. Looking for some additional insights from folks on what is happening there. I’ve waited on T-day weekend for as much as an hour for a chance to charge at Tajon (and Harris Ranch). Can anyone comment on the experienced wait times? Do they have an assistant there helping move cars like in some years past? Thanks.

I am driving from SoCal to NorCal today. I noted yesterday a couple of times that all (24 of 24) of the stalls were in use at Tajon Ranch. Looking for some additional insights from folks on what is happening there. I’ve waited on T-day weekend for as much as an hour for a chance to charge at Tajon (and Harris Ranch). Can anyone comment on the experienced wait times? Do they have an assistant there helping move cars like in some years past? Thanks.
Did you actually see that it was completely full or are you just going by what the Nav says? The occupancy rates shown on the Nav are often wrong.

Did you actually see that it was completely full or are you just going by what the Nav says? The occupancy rates shown on the Nav are often wrong.
Agreed. The Nav maps have been massively off this in the past. I was hoping this was fixed by now, but I haven’t heard otherwise. The last time I drove past Tejón, the nav said mist stalls were occupied, yet no one was actually there.

I have found in the past that this S/C will report occupancy when there is none, because there is a problem with a bank of units. I was there one time and saw this, when one unit had tape on it, it reported that the whole side down.

I haven't checked that carefully, but it supports my theory of why idle fees might be charged even if you don't see other cars at the Supercharger. Phantom occupancy due to chargers out of service.

EB86DD61-AB55-4E6B-9DF9-3FF9D23D0940.jpeg

Heavy travel day this afternoon and this was the scene around 3 pm. ICE'd out of three spots.

As I recall it the signs on most/all of those spots allow 30 minute general parking, which is hugely unfortunate.

Not that I’d ever block a charging spot with an ICE regardless, but some people are cocknoses. Like the guy who drives that big white bro dozer.

At least the covered ones are marked for Tesla Vehicle charging only. The others do indeed have those 30 minute general parking signs.
When I was there on 12/19/18 there as a police van in the first slot on the left and an unmarked police cruiser next to it. They both got put and went into the bbq place for lunch. There were other parking spots in front of the restaurant at the time.

When I was there on 12/19/18 there as a police van in the first slot on the left and an unmarked police cruiser next to it. They both got put and went into the bbq place for lunch. There were other parking spots in front of the restaurant at the time.

You should have taken a picture or two and posted it on the agency's Facebook page or their Twitter account.

Was here right around noon today, more or less completely full but no line. Two observations in one picture:

1) ICEing is going to be a constant problem here, particularly over busy weekends and holidays when the chargers are in highest demand. There is not enough general parking here and with the signs allowing it, certain people (that seem to always be in full size trucks) have no reservations about taking a spot.

2) the handicap marked stall is confounding - nobody knows what to do with it. Watched two different people wait for another empty stall when the only one left was the handicap spot. The marking is confusing and I imagine people are terrified of getting a ticket.

4E06C23F-17A3-40C8-8817-3CA71BA119C6.jpeg