Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were there a few days ago. Yup, the solar panels are right on top...

IMG_5436 - Copy.JPG

We'll be back there tomorrow. Man, do these Superchargers make travel easier...I can't wait for them to be available in more places!

Got to Tejon Ranch today with my 60. I was only one there. Plugged in just like at home, easy-peasy. And then - Wowza, started off charging at 300 mi per hr. I suppose I should have expected that, I just didn't believe my eyes. Then a nice couple approached me as soon as I got there, did Tesla-time for about 10 minutes. Then went back to check and holy smokes its gained 55 miles already. Got a burger at in and out, came back, and it was showing 191 miles. Nice for a standard charge. And quick!

These superchargers are awesome.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359770041.365562.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359770541.664182.jpg

Bound466: Wow. I guess this contradicts earlier posts of 60s that were getting less than 300mph charges. I think I read that the latest firmware (4.2) improved the charge rate. Can you confirm your understanding?

Also, I'm getting my 60 in a few weeks. Not sure if you were heading north towards Harris Ranch or not but I'm curious how fast you drove between SCs and how much battery you had left. Ideally, I'd like to do 70-75 between SCs. I think Barstow to LV will be tough to do at full speed. It's ~155mi.

Last edited:
Bound466: Wow. I guess this contradicts earlier posts of 60s that were getting less than 300mph charges. I think I read that the latest firmware (4.2) improved the charge rate. Can you confirm your understanding?

Indeed, supercharging was improved with the new firmware. The car can now draw up to 255 amps, up from 225 that I was seeing on 1.15.14.

Not sure if you were heading north towards Harris Ranch or not but I'm curious how fast you drove between SCs and how much battery you had left. Ideally, I'd like to do 70-75 between SCs. I think Barstow to LV will be tough to do at full speed. It's ~155mi.

I didn't make it to Harris Ranch, but I had gone from Rancho Cucamonga to Tejon, and back again. I wanted to test out the supercharger, and see how much range it would take to and fro. We plan to take a road trip up to Three Rivers soon, and will make use of that supercharger.

I was definitely pushing the car really good. I was doing something like 75, sometimes, um, faster even. The car just begs for aggressive driving. Here are the stats:

I left home with about 185 miles, and arrived with 30 = 155 miles of range used. Real miles was 116 mi.
Trip back home, left with 191 miles, and arrived with about 40 or so, but honestly I didn't remember to mark down the miles when I got home. I went on another joy ride since I got back so early. :tongue:

From some of the other threads, it sounds like the Harris Ranch to Tejon Ranch drive is the killer, so definitely need to keep the speed down on that one. If you make the trip, let us know how it goes.

I didn't make it to Harris Ranch, but I had gone from Rancho Cucamonga to Tejon, and back again. I wanted to test out the supercharger, and see how much range it would take to and fro. We plan to take a road trip up to Three Rivers soon, and will make use of that supercharger.

I was definitely pushing the car really good. I was doing something like 75, sometimes, um, faster even. The car just begs for aggressive driving. Here are the stats:

I left home with about 185 miles, and arrived with 30 = 155 miles of range used. Real miles was 116 mi.
Trip back home, left with 191 miles, and arrived with about 40 or so, but honestly I didn't remember to mark down the miles when I got home. I went on another joy ride since I got back so early. :tongue:

From some of the other threads, it sounds like the Harris Ranch to Tejon Ranch drive is the killer, so definitely need to keep the speed down on that one. If you make the trip, let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the info!

Yesterday at 4:30 pm arrived with all stalls full, within minutes we had 3 lined up & waiting to charge.

Tried Mauricio's Grill across the street & it was just OK, burrito at Chipotle is better IMO.

Last edited: