Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there's an error here. Tejon Ranch only has 6 stalls total, but 10 stalls listed
Are you sure it only has 6 stalls? :) According to post #154 above, they've added some temporary chargers, so there could well be 10 available at this site.

Edit: ugh, didn't refresh page before replying, so I see this has already been pointed out.

Pics from last weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_133025.jpg
    IMG_20170204_133025.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20170204_133035.jpg
    IMG_20170204_133035.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 145
2 of the 4 temporary stalls at Tejon are almost useless because it's nearly impossible to park far enough forward to plug in. I literally had to straddle the thing on the ground that is supposed to keep you from driving into the curb (sorry I have no idea what those things are called). And those things are obviously too narrow if you can straddle them in a Tesla. It's difficult to explain what I'm talking about but if you are at Tejon try parking nose in and charging at one of the temporary stalls and you will see what I mean. Obviously the better thing to do is to park on the other side of the temporary charger and back in, but you can only do that for 2 of the 4 temporary spots.

Why Tejon over buttonwillow?
The amenities are better.
Mostly restroom wise.
The petro across the street has clean facilities the last time I drove by.

At buttonwillow the Starbucks had a line for the restroom when we stopped there during construction at Tejon.

It's also better positioned from my house.
From Sacramento CA I can make it to Harris Ranch (P100D)
Charge there just enough to get to Tejon, and then have lunch there at chipotle, walk over to petro for a break and then move on to LA having plenty of spare range to drive around there.

I just want to report that my car is limited to 90kw charging right now. I usually get around 120kw when no one is "sharing". I'm the only one on 2a and 2b is empty. I've heard others have reported it but I have never experienced it until now. I use this Supercharger about once a month

I just want to report that my car is limited to 90kw charging right now. I usually get around 120kw when no one is "sharing". I'm the only one on 2a and 2b is empty. I've heard others have reported it but I have never experienced it until now. I use this Supercharger about once a month
You won't get 120kW unless your SOC (State of Charge) is low, around 10%. When you report a charging rate at a Supercharger, please also report your SOC at the same time.

People regularly post about the charge rate they are getting at a Supercharger but sometimes forget about how it is influenced by SOC and battery temperature.

It is fine to discuss charging rates at a particular Supercharger, but please do not start a general discussion about SOC and Supercharger charge rates. Thank you.