Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tel Aviv, Israel (6 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The following photo was posted in the Israeli Carsforum site. The site is located in Azrieli Mall. Looks like it is V3 with 8 stalls.

Address: Derech Menachem Begin 132, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
GPS location (guess): 32.07389, 34.79215
Tesla link: תל אביב | Tesla

@Chuq @MarcoRP Please update supercharge.info.

Screenshot-20210303-181725-Telegram.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Interesting. I hadn't thought of this. I'm thinking of shipping my Model S from the US to Israel. Does Tesla make an adapter so that my US Tesla can use the CCS-2 charging port?

Forget about this idea, it would be much more practical to sell you Tesla in the US and buy a new one in Israel. Shipping a US-spec Tesla overseas is problematic for many reasons:
  • You won't be able to get service and warranty.
  • Different charge port. There is no publicly available adapter from CCS-2 to Tesla so you won't be able to use DC charging except for CHAdeMO. You won't be able to use 3-phase AC charging as the Tesla charge port does support this at all.
  • No data connectivity or map data.

Last edited:
Forget about this idea, it would be much more practical to sell you Tesla in the US and buy a new one in Israel. Shipping a US-spec Tesla overseas is problematic for many reasons:
  • Different charge port. There is no publicly available adapter from CCS-2 to Tesla so you won't be able to use DC charging except for CHAdeMO. You won't be able to use 3-phase AC charging as the Tesla charge port does support this at all.
Most of your points are correct and valid reasons not to ship a North American car to Europe or the Middle East. However, there is an adapter to use European V2 Superchargers on North American cars. European V3 doesn't fit this adapter.

NEW! Tesla Supercharger Adapter – European to US – EVSE Adapters

Most of your points are correct and valid reasons not to ship a North American car to Europe or the Middle East. However, there is an adapter to use European V2 Superchargers on North American cars. European V3 doesn't fit this adapter.

NEW! Tesla Supercharger Adapter – European to US – EVSE Adapters

Your statement, while true, is irrelevant to importing NA cars to Israel since there are no V2 Superchargers in Israel and probably there will never be.

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong, but the point about AC charging seems odd to me. Why wouldn't the car be able to use 3-phase AC charging with something like the J1772 adapter?

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong, but the point about AC charging seems odd to me. Why wouldn't the car be able to use 3-phase AC charging with something like the J1772 adapter?

There are inexpensive Type2 to J-1772 adapters available for AC charging. But they only use one of the three phases. So charge at 1/3rd the power that would otherwise be available.

In any event, I've heard that it is terribly expensive and a huge hassle to import a car into Israel.

But we use 3-phase 240v AC power in the us as well. I must be missing something.

In order to bring 3-phase AC into the car you need five conductors (L1, L2, L3, N, G). However both the Tesla connector and J1772 only have three which can either work for a single-phase AC (L, N, G) or split-phase AC (L1, L2, G) but not for 3-phase AC. The European Type-2 connector, which is also the top part of CCS-2, does have five conductors. Therefore, no car with either Tesla or J1772 charge port can charge with 3-phase AC and no adapter can change that.

Also, the voltage for 3-phase supply is 230V/400V in Europe and most of the world while either 120V/208V or 277V/480V are common in North America, but this is besides the point.

2880px-Tesla-type-1-inlet-tesla02-outlet-iec-type-2-outlet-background-blur.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: moa999 and PStewart