Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Temecula, CA (Winchester Rd., LIVE 10 May 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla do any kind of official announcement when a new SC opens or does it just quietly get turned on?
It's usually pretty quiet, one day it just appears on your nav screen as a Supercharger location. Tesla does send out an email if it's close to you, just a heads up "Hey our new X Supercharger is now open". But the email usually comes pretty late, much after it's already reported open on TMC.

I just went by today and no change, after a month the 10 pedestals are still all wrapped up. East garage next to Edwards theater, 3rd floor.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 91
3rd floor?! That's an odd choice. I've never been to a site that isn't on ground level. I can only imagine the confusion once this site opens.
There are other SC sites in parking garages, in London and Hong Knog, for example. Tesla has only so much bargaining power with site owners. I assume the parking garage owner was unwilling to give space on the ground floor. That's okay, there will be signs directing you upstairs, I think.

It's the San Diego area Supercharging curse. San Juan Capistrano was delayed almost a year due to a dick measuring dispute between two real estate lawyers (from each of Union Bank and SDG&E). San Diego was delayed due to one of the most incompetent construction project managers in existence (I have no idea why Tesla keeps hiring Black and Veatch). Temecula? I would bet another dick measuring dispute between lawyers.

This is great news. Haven't been on the TMC site for a while. Last time in Temecula I had to use the slow chargers at the civic center in order to get back to LA from my job. This takes some pressure off. BTW just pulled the trigger on trading in my 85 for a 90D!!!

Reactions: DDotJ
I visited the Temecula location on Saturday about 8 PM and found the entire parking structure almost filled. The signage indicated there were more parking spots than were available. Here are some photos showing the crowded conditions and the top level where some parking could be found.

If Tesla Motors is going to provide an attendant to assist, the peak movie viewing times would be recommended.

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG